BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

RTE Naval Air Museum Pensacola FL May 19th

18K views 122 replies 19 participants last post by  saddleman 
saddleman said:
I'm leaning towards the Quality Inn. I'm hoping someone will jump in with a recommendation. I'll probably only wait a week. because lot of the hotels already don't have that many rooms available.
That looks like a good one to me too. I like the "out side" access to your room so you can park at your door( if your down stairs).
The link below has all hotels near the base If anyone wants to chime in with a better Hotel.

CLICK HERE

dukey33 said:
Haha. Pensacola is closer than Terlingua to me. I need to check my calendar.
680 from here to Fla but only 500 to Big Bend. This weekend wil be my warm up ride. :rolleyes: Let me know if you can go & I'll meet you along the way. :bike:

jdsd-tourteam said:
I was thinking about a motel in Marianna, FL for Friday and Sat. nights. It's only 140 miles from there to the museum. $60/nite for the (Questionable) Quality Inn.

Jon
Dave found us a better place to stay

saddleman said:
My first two choices are in a high crime area. I will be staying here www.bestwestern.com/blueangelinn It's on exit seven on Interstate I-10. The price was a little more but I feel it's worth it for a better area.

Just over a week to go !! The weather looks to be very good.

ARE WE THERE YET ?!? :wave

Lee510 said:
Hey, Brett! Post your phone number here and we'll ALL call Mrs. Brett and ask (beg) her to let you come out and play! :histerica
I thought you knew it
BR-549 :histerica

pkpr1998 said:
Boy do I have a deal for you......! :histerica
As long as it comes with a few of those Hee Haw Honeys I'll take it.

No, Wait, Hee Haw was on about 40 years ago. That means the Honeys are 40 years older now !?!

Never mind You can keep your deal . :histerica

saddleman said:
Glad to see that you can ride again John. :thumb:

On another note let me know by this weekend if you want a guided tour or not so I can call Monday to set it up.

I will say this it was real neat having the WWWII fighter pilot walking around with us when we went to the Mighty 8th Museum.

If we do the guided tour they are volunteers so I think the least we could do is buy him lunch.
Sounds Good to me. I'm in for the guided tour.

pkpr1998 said:
Somebody better buy him a good EARLY steak dinner tonight! :D
Steak Dinner my ass I'm here now & want my Steak LUNCH. :histerica

Not too bad of a ride for slabbing it the whole way. 10 hours & 57 minutes to go 687 miles. 41.7 MPG @ an average speed of 67MPH. :bmw: I'm going to go look around town till everyone else gets here. :wave

Here are a few pics from the trip so far.

At the Hotel.

As we pulled up the to eat we had our very own Bag Piper.

Inside the restaurant with our waiter Michael

As Lee said this place is made with money. Dollar bills line every wall & the roof.

pkpr1998 said:
Steve, hope you got your steak lunch. ;)
I did I went across the street from the Hotel to the BBQ joint & got myself a brisket sandwich. :D

The Museum was Fantastic.

All the Pics can be found HERE

We had a retired Pilot give us a private tour

After the tour we went to the Cubie Cafe. It has been reconstructed using the historic memorabilia from the Officers Club at Subic Bay. Every solder station there had a plaque or something made with there names & unit on them. Here was one of 3 that has John's name on it

The group doing the "E" part of RTE :histerica

beemer2 said:
Thanks Dave, Laura and I had a great time. Nice meeting everyone and thanks for letting us tag along, Wife and I are Florida natives but never been to Pensacola. Great excuse for going there. Had a good trip, got home about 5:30 this afternoon. Nice and cool after we got going, down to 60 degrees . Hope to meet again..

kinch said:
Had a great time, thanks Dave.
got in about 1:00 P.M.
Marvin, Laura & Bruce It was great to meet all of you Plus Mike & Sylvia too. Hope to catch up with y'all again. :wave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.