BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small RTE tomorrow 11/9/2019 First meet up is the Waffle house in Jasper GA at 56 Travelers Rest Rd, at 10:30am with a ride on to McCaysville for lunch at Burra Burra. So far, 6 going with 3 bikes. Late post so more informational than invitational but wanted to post it anyways. If I get any good pics or video, I will post it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Glad that you all had a good time with friends.

Sorry that we had to miss the RTE but had a scheduled appt at the dealership (car) for routine maintenance. Get it while you can! LOL

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were missed Brett. Here a re a few pics of the gathering.

11/9 RTE to Burra Burra On The River in McCaysville GA. Good food, great friends, cold weather. What more could you want. Had a great day that started at about 35 degrees at 9:30am eventually warming to just above 50 and other than my GPS routing us back 20 miles after missing a turn. Participants were Jan Strickland and Al Strickland, Gilles ( zippygg ) and wife Kathy and me with my girl, Susan Beals. Burgers were large, well cooked and good. Parking is scant around the restaurant but a nice little town on the border of GA and Tennessee. We got to watch a parade while there and had to crawl under a couple cars to retrieve the candy thrown at us but they were Reeses and Dum Dums so worth the effort.

All made it home safely using whatever means of heat they had available such as vests, heated gloves, heated hand grips ( ME!) and heated seats ( Me and Susan! ) to make the ride just that much more bearable. Looking forward to the next one maybe in spring!!!

Attachments

Reactions: pkpr1998
1 - 3 of 3 Posts