BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to get an idea of what Farkles you are considering and where you plan on getting them. Doesn't seem to be much available yet

While we have has some down time I picked up a 49L top box that I will probably get color matched to my Quartz Blue RT

I also picked up a Corbin seat: It looks good on the bike, that all I have to report.

Considering:
Suburban Machinery foot peg lowering kit.
http://www.suburban-machinery.com/

Engine guards: taking suggestions

Comm system: probably the SENA 20 http://www.compacc.com maybe the dealer ( worth the couple extra $$ for his support)

AUX Lighting: Hearing great things about the Clearwater Darla lights. I don't do much night riding so my basic consideration is to be seen. Suggestions?

Pannier protection: Saw a write up on the 3M clear wrap and it pulled the paint off one fellows K1600 bags. So probably looking at BMW plastic guards. Again any suggestion for bag protection is welcome

What are you guys adding?:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I like to get an idea of what Farkles you are considering and where you plan on getting them. Doesn't seem to be much available yet

While we have has some down time I picked up a 49L top box that I will probably get color matched to my Quartz Blue RT

I also picked up a Corbin seat: It looks good on the bike, that all I have to report.

Considering:
Suburban Machinery foot peg lowering kit.
http://www.suburban-machinery.com/

Engine guards: taking suggestions

Comm system: probably the SENA 20 http://www.compacc.com maybe the dealer ( worth the couple extra $$ for his support)

AUX Lighting: Hearing great things about the Clearwater Darla lights. I don't do much night riding so my basic consideration is to be seen. Suggestions?

Pannier protection: Saw a write up on the 3M clear wrap and it pulled the paint off one fellows K1600 bags. So probably looking at BMW plastic guards. Again any suggestion for bag protection is welcome

What are you guys adding?:D
I installed Clearwater Darla lights and a Stebel Nautilus horn last week.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not a farkle, but I just spent some of BMW's money ordering Motoport police air mesh pants.

I farkled up my two previous BMWs but am pretty happy so far with the RT as is. The only thing I added was a Givi tank bag.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed Clearwater Darla lights and a Stebel Nautilus horn last week.

Where did you mount the lights and how was the installation to do?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Where did you mount the lights and how was the installation to do?
I mounted the lights on the forks. The installation was tedious, but easy. I installed Clearwater Krista lights on my '08 RT, and I had to cut and splice some wires. No cutting or splicing is required on the '14; the lights plug into the Tire Pressure Monitor which is located in back of the passing seat.

i had to remove the side panel and battery cover on the right side. The hard part of the installation is deciding where to tuck the wiring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed a battery tender over the weekend and they sure didn't leave much room for extras. The battery is packed in there tight. I can understand about running a harness!! LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not a farkle, but I just spent some of BMW's money ordering Motoport police air mesh pants.

I farkled up my two previous BMWs but am pretty happy so far with the RT as is. The only thing I added was a Givi tank bag.
I know that this thread is about farkles, but I'm curious about the pants. Do they run true to size and what "options" do you recommend?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wunderlich Black crash/engine guards
Kontour Seats and Bakup backrest
Clearwater krista lights
mounted pair of mirrors on the handlebars
Put a K1600GTL topcase backrest on my topcase

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know that this thread is about farkles, but I'm curious about the pants. Do they run true to size and what "options" do you recommend?

All information is good to know. If its part of riding why not!!:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wunderlich Black crash/engine guards
Kontour Seats and Bakup backrest
Clearwater krista lights
mounted pair of mirrors on the handlebars
Put a K1600GTL topcase backrest on my topcase

Any pictures?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just ordered them yesterday. They're custom made, so the measuring process actually took about 15-20 minutes. I followed the directions and was amazed that my actual waist size is....ummm...significantly bigger than the stated size on all my pants. But, anyhow, I expect the fit to be perfect but Motoport says they can adjust them if you gain or lose weight.

I just went with the basic model with no options. I considered the waterproof/windproof liner but I have other overpants I wear in cooler weather and a rain suit for those rare times I need it. I wanted these for increased protection in warmer weather since I've been wearing Draggin or Diamond Gusset riding jeans once it gets too hot for overpants. The Motoports are really pricey but I figure they'll last the rest of my life.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Forgot to add that I do have a Cee Bailey headlight protector. May consider a windshield at a later date once I get more riding in. Came off an LT which seems like it had twice the coverage.

Considering picking up some carbon and cutting a tank protector with our cnc laser. What I have seen on the internet is 3M 's carbon film vinyl. Might as well use the real thing.:)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
How about a set of new shocks......

Sorry.

Reactions: GlosPolbiker

·
Registered
586 Posts
Other than the small topcase, Nav V and iPhone connector, the only other thing I've done is add a Kriego 20 dry pack with the straps mounted under the rear seat. Absolutely love that pack. Fits a large laptop, easy on and off, waterproof, shoulder strap, durable. Best money I've spent motorcycling in a while, save maybe for my Klim Badlands jacket.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Actually, I forgot the best farkle. I painted the front side of my bars and the triple a universal flat black so I could see the LCD screen clearly in sunlight, sans reflection. That's the best mod I've done so far.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cee Bailey tall windshield , Radar detector ( had to make bracket ) 2nd GPS with weather overlay ( had to make bracket ) , Ilium works side stand enlarger , FUZEBLOCK , BAKUP backrest , shield for GPS ( BMW put the GPS at an angle that guarantees glare }, had to make that too. Finally a helmet made from a true Florida native ! Still to come , Russell seat , passenger backrest , and old top case to be painted to match bike ( locks have already been changed ) !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 118 Posts