BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of final drive rebuild, however it can not find torgue settings any where. Could someone help me with this. I have a 2002 R 1150 RT, I am looking for the torque settings on the 8 bolts that connect the two halves together. Also, the rest of the bolts when putting this back on and all back together. Thanks for the help.

Jarred

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
If you mean housing cover they are 35NM or about 25 ft/lbs. There is a very elaborate procedure for proper shimming of the crown bearing. Described in BMW 01 79 0 021 120 CD manual. I suspect also in the Clymer manual, or on the web in places. Just putting it back together with the original shim specs is very questionable procedure and in some cases proved poor practice leading to failure of the crown bearing again rather quickly. :wave

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Preload is .020" to .039" to be determined by measuring the bearing "hole" the upper edge of the bearing when installed as related to specific reference points on the housing. If you need a picture of this let me know, I can email you some stuff.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have the Clymer and BMW's R1150GS manual in pdf, I also have BMW's R1150RT manual, but in Dutch only (can
still be useful, pictures often tell most of the story :) )
Should you like some or all of the above, let me know and I will drop them somewhere on the web for you to download.
Email is not an option, unless you have an oversized one, the Clymer is almost 200MBytes!
I just took a look in my archive, I also have an RT manual in French, should that be to your liking (Revue Moto Technique) :)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Jarred said:
If you could email me some pictures that would be great! thanks
I can send you a page or two. but I need your email address. the following address needs the at changed of course. snipesb(at)cnw.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts