BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ride 200 to 300 miles 5 times a week with two trips of 2000 miles per year.

like opinions to change from rt to lt.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you are comfortable on the RT as a single rider I would say keep it if I didn't have my SO and I rode single I think I would have an RT. But if you ride two up and want the comfort as well as a bit of performance then the LT is the way to go. There are both fine machines in their own right.

ashley12 said:
i ride 200 to 300 miles 5 times a week with two trips of 2000 miles per year.

like opinions to change from rt to lt.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have both RT and LT. I like them both..... but the learning curve on the LT (at least for me) was several months. The LT is top heavy, very top heavy. It requires my full attention in parking lots. If you still want an LT, you might try removing the top case..... helps a bunch in the top heavy department.

Hope this helps, Chris :wave

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've been thing about this for when I'm soloing Corbin Smuggler

cwo said:
I have both RT and LT. I like them both..... but the learning curve on the LT (at least for me) was several months. The LT is top heavy, very top heavy. It requires my full attention in parking lots. If you still want an LT, you might try removing the top case..... helps a bunch in the top heavy department.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Kra961 said:
I've been thing about this for when I'm soloing Corbin Smuggler

Yep, I thought about a Corbin Smuggler too. However, just got a new Kontour seat, and I think (but not sure) that the Smuggler requires a Corbin seat as well.

Attached is what I did...... not as cool as the Smuggler, but it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
656 Posts
I like that setup it looks good! and I'll wager it was a damn sight less expensive then the corbin solution.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Chris,

How did you mount the top rack? Did you drill four holes through the plastic tray? If so, how were you able to screw it on from the bottom?

Jeff

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
JeffD said:
Chris,

How did you mount the top rack? Did you drill four holes through the plastic tray? If so, how were you able to screw it on from the bottom?

Jeff
I removed the plastic tray by removing the bolts on the top (that hold the top case) then two screws that you can see when side cases are opened. Then I drilled four holes and got some 2" all-thread for mounting the front of rack to the plastic tray. The original screws for the rack were used to mount the rear of rack.

The hard part was wiring the Kisan brake flasher. I didn't have a diagram, but after finding the correct pin on the quick disconnect located under rear seat, the rest was easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts