BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have r1200rt want to due more touring like features of lt but it is seems to be hard to handle at low speeds :bmw:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Yeah ?

Isn't that why you have an RT ? Every bit as good for touring...
Lt is better only for two up. But..
You have to be 100% ON POINT at all times with the LT. It requires your complete concentration especially at low speeds...

I got tired of working so hard... Anybody here tells you she's not a handfull two up is lying their ass off, Or they're 6'6" 250 pounds...And their SO is a fashion model....
I myself am 6'1" and 185 pounds and the LT was fun but I did drop it a few times....Two up...

The newer RT's have way more features than any LT...

I'm waiting for the new LT....We'll see how much she weighs and where she carries it and go from there.

John

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
OK John I guess I am a lier.... I am 5'8' 240 LB 29 inch inseam & I have NO trouble with low speed on the LT. Also I CAN NOT Flat foot the big girl , I'm always on my toes at stops but NOT worried about the bike falling.
BTW my wife was a model many moons ago. :D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm a liar too!
I'm 6'4, 185 pounds, I model male underwear, and my wife is a super model. See, I told you I was a liar!!! :rotf:
The LT is a fantastic two up machine, but more than that, an amazing one up hotrod. A couple of us go on our "guy" trip every year. We try for as many miles in as few days as possible. One rides a Connie K14, two FJR's. Neither can get away from my LT. I can smoke both FJRs, up to about 100 mph - then they leave me, but in the curves? Neither can keep up. The guy that ride the Kawi had a Bandit before that - my LT could ride his ass on ANY road. What does an RT have to offer over that, 'specially with all the comfort and ammenities?
I'm down now for a clutch, but can't wait to get it back on the road. Taking a 3,000+ mile ride next month, and would take my Harley before I'd take an RT. But 1st preference is the LT!!! HANDS DOWN - no lie.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
You all beez lyin ! :rotf:

I still haven't heard anybody tell me she's not a handfull...

And I'm not saying it can't be done.. Did it for four years....

Just got tired....

John

·
Registered
628 Posts
ashley12 said:
have r1200rt want to due more touring like features of lt but it is seems to be hard to handle at low speeds :bmw:
:confused:

·
Registered
130 Posts
ashley12 said:
Hard to handle at low speeds is a misleading statement although some may agree. The bike handles fine at slow speeds (walking speed) as long as you do your job as the pilot. The first thing the sales man said almost 2 years ago as I was getting ready ride off on my new bike was "don't grab too much front brake with the bars turned at low speed." I listened. If your slow speed handling skills are in question get the " Ride Like A Pro" DVD and practice. While being able to flat foot on the bike is not a requirement it does help when landing the big girl on an uneven surface. With all that weight and the high center of gravity all the skill in the world won't help if you let her get too far off her vertical center line. I will say this; 25,000 miles riding my LT have eliminated all my sloppy slow speed habits......and so far without ending up in a pile in the parking lot. lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
My FIRST bike was (and still is) an RT-P.

I thought that was hard to handle. And it was.

But once you get the feel for a high-centered machine like RT, its a slight adjustment up to the LT.

I am 6'0" and weigh 155 pounds.

Go get it

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
JPSpen said:
You all beez lyin ! :rotf:

I still haven't heard anybody tell me she's not a handfull...

And I'm not saying it can't be done.. Did it for four years....

Just got tired....

John
Oh yea she is a hand full My WIFE that is.... & I've been at it for 25 + years. :histerica

·
Registered
929 Posts
fpmlt said:
I'm a liar too!
I'm 6'4, 185 pounds, I model male underwear,
:eek2: There are some things I would never admit to--even in jest...

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Most any bike can be a handful two up. Worst part of two up for me is if I have her get on without the sidestand down. Most always use the sidestand, but sometimes I forget until she's in the process of mounting, then its stiffen up & brace time.

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yeah, I'm a model too. Anyone wanna see my pics?

The LT is not that bad at slow speeds, it's managebale. It really sucks with a 130lb+ passanger at slow speeds, other than that it's a joy to ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts