BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what else to call 'em. I'm thinking I'd like some sort of a lift or a stand that will get my bike (12RT) a foot or so off the garage floor so I can clean and service it a little easier ... I'm old.

What do you fellas use and where can I get one?

Bob Wood
Oceanside, CA
2009 RT

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Take a look at the harbor freight motorcycle lifts and see if that will work for you. I have a different model but some people say they are just fine. I have seen home made tables too but getting up a ramp higher than 4 to 6" is potentially a problem. A lift may seem expensive but it is so much better than laying on the ground. Which I just don't do anymore unless last resort comes to play. There are many great lifts out there that are safe and so great. Give it some thought. Pretty soon you will want your own tire changing machine!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am with Beech and the others. I too like to do my own maintenance when I can, but I am not much for laying on the floor to do oil changes, etc. A nice table lift is just the ticket. Since it is just for routine maintenance, I agree that a harbor freight motorcycle table lift will fit the bill perfectly. I am not saying that I am old....well, okay, I AM old, but, laying on the floor just doesn't make me as happy as it used to, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts