BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Morning Lawrence - that's about what it looks like here too. Hmph. Also, predicted to get to around 10 below zero this evening. A balmy 12 at the moment, with plenty of sun. Anxious to mount the new 665 Zumo on the RT, and get her out again - but it looks like our streets/roads will have a little too much snow and ice for a while.

Best, John

·
Registered
311 Posts
This bike belongs to the service writer at the local BMW dealer and yes, he did ride it to work that day. He does live on a very heavily used road but still...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Glad you are enjoying the storm that left record rainfall, flooding, and road closures in the west during the holidays :)
After all this meteorological disruption, good weather has returned and I had to check the road conditions to Death Valley. It was a somewhat chilly 73F there yesterday :bmw:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Winter is toooo long. 5 ish weeks to go....owwwww!!! To make it worse, I'm heading to Austria for work in February. Why not go to a great motorcycling destination while there is SNOW!!!! on the ground....It hurts real bad!!!!

Ellie

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cliffy109 said:
This bike belongs to the service writer at the local BMW dealer and yes, he did ride it to work that day. He does live on a very heavily used road but still...

Now, this is what I call commitment!!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
A lot of you guys are sure having a tough winter! I feel for you!

We put up three months of mostly 110+ degree heat to be rewarded with beautiful winters. The ride into work this morning was in the mid to high 40s and it was 71 degrees on the trip home. GOTA love it!

Regards,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Day guys!

Now that is hard core! Enjoyed the pics.

Clear in Tahoe now. Knee deep in road sand right now. Just as bad as the snow.

2006 RT

Just a few more growing up.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
cessna said:

We put up three months of mostly 110+ degree heat to be rewarded with beautiful winters. The ride into work this morning was in the mid to high 40s and it was 71 degrees on the trip home. GOTA love it!

Regards,
I don't think I could take 110 any better than -10. There has to be a happy medium. Santa Cruz may be?

·
Registered
472 Posts
4 more inches here this morning!
It was 44 on Wednesday; turns out it was just a tease!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Eleven below F. here. Hmph. Nice and sunny though. If the streets were clear, I'd take the big girl out for a spin, just to have the bragging rights.... :cool:

Best, John

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
dave39 said:
Oh yes. I remember now......why I left Iowa. :cool:
and at times like these I wonder why I came... :confused:

·
Registered
391 Posts
cessna said:

Regards,
It reached 70 so far in my part of the desert today, bright sunshine. Have you tried that "hydration vest" yet? It really works. We crossed southern part of Death Valley in July to get to California and ultimately Vancouver and stayed reasonably comfortable. By the way, at 117F, the RT with me and luggage on it, up and down the mountains ran perfectly. To be honest, so did my partner's Road Glide. There was one break down due to the heat. I won't "slander" that brand but the name begins with the letter "H."

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
OU812 said:
-2 this morning........I would be happy with 32! :rolleyes:

I'd be happy with no snow.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts