BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
RT Seat

This is an extra low BMW seat that I had Kontour rebuild. It is shown on my 2010 R1200 RT. With this seat and the factory low suspension the seat height is 29.5 inches. The Kontour Polar Mesh cover is waterproof yet much cooler than a stock cover in the summer.

Asking Price: $225.00
Condition: Great

Vehicle Car Motorcycle Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would absolutely avoid buying a Sargent seat in the UK! It took me over 3 weeks to be able to buy one from the distributor. They do not reply to emails or have a phone number. I therefore just completed the online order form and when it eventually arrived, I went for a 140 mile ride only to find that the seat upholstery had badly and permanently creased.

I immediately contacted the distributor who after several emails and weeks waiting simply said they would refer the matter to the manufacturer. Over a month later and I have heard nothing from Sargent or the UK distributor.

So I spent £400+ on a front seat for a 2020 1250 RT, it failed after just one ride and now Sargent are totally ignoring my communication and refusing to deal with the matter. They may be comfortable but they have serious quality issues and their customer service is zero!

I am now referring the matter to the credit card company.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Have you reached out to Sargent directly? This doesn’t sound like Sargent customer service. Seems like the distributor is the bottleneck. I wouldn’t bash Sargent just yet

·
Registered
59 Posts
I’ve emailed Sargent directly but still no response as yet. My main issue is with the UK distributor who of course still represent the Sargent Brand. Several months ago when I was trying to buy a seat I emailed Sargent directly to tell them it was proving almost impossible to get any response from their UK dealer. Again, they did not respond :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
MASSIVE UPDATE: The main Sargent team in the USA (not in the UK) have now taken control of this issue and I’ve got to say I’m beyond impressed! Within hours they contacted me to find out exactly what the issue was and as soon as they confirmed there was a problem they have arranged an immediate replacement. Their response has been 100% !!!
I therefore must retract anything negative I have said about the Sargent brand, and would now highly recommend them to any and every biker I know. However, I would also recommend that if anyone want a Sargent seat they buy directly from over the pond and not from the distributor in the UK.
10/10 for Sargent 👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts