BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. I rode every mile of Rt 50 from Ocean City, MD to Sacramento, CA. All 3073 mles of it. Today I hit the Pacific Ocean, so I have now also ridden coast to coast. It only took me a little over 4000 miles to do it. Tommorow I ride about 300 miles of the Pacific Coast HIghway to San Diego, an easy day as compared. Then work for week and head back to the east coast.

Here are a few pics from the trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Cool! That ride is on my list of rides to do. I have ridden portions of Rt. 50 in Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Kansas, and Colorado.

When you have time, why don't you describe some of the highlights/lowlights of the trip.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Wow, that sure sounds like one fine trip and that is one good looking LT. +1 for you. :bmw:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Highway 50 is definitely a nice road to ride.
Last month I was out there on portions east of Sacramento. Some nice spots are off 50, such as Icehouse, and then Wentworth Springs.
You may also want to try 49 which has a nice curve to the north and east. However, it is becoming far too populated. But there are still a number of interesting little towns along the way.
One of my favorites used to be 40 west out of Denver.
dc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts