BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the new RSS FEED !!!!

Now... anyone know how to make my Yahoo home page show more than FIVE new posts?!?!?!? Ack!

Looks like I need to add this feed to Thunderbird instead... :D

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
I just have been experimenting with adding RSS feeds to Thunderbird. In Thunderbird, it looks just like you receive every post as an individual email.

I have also added my RSS Feed to Yahoo. If you click on the "Edit" button on the Yahoo title bar for this feed, it will allow you to display up to 30 threads. I've done the same thing with my Google Personal page (Google's alternative to MyYahoo). And the RSS feed looks great.

Since it appears that we may not have individual email delivery of posts for quite a while (requires custom development), we may turn to RSS feeds as an alternative.

NOTE: Currently, the RSS feed is only for those forums that are open to anyone on the internet. They include Curve Cowboy Reunion, Classifieds, Vendors, and Contact the Help Team. I have a support ticket requesting help getting protected forums (the rest of the forums) added to the RSS feed. Once we get RSS feeds fully working, I will write a detailed tutorial for those of you who are right now asking "WTF is RSS?"

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that... I haven't had a chance to look into much of the Yahoo options available. Seems they change it every few days anyway...

·
Old Dawg
3,284 Posts
I don't know if any of you use Feed Demon but it is a simple, elegant way to catch up on ALL information from any sites that use RSS (including this one). I even use it to see when my friends post new photos on their websites.
You can check it out here: http://www.bradsoft.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts