BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After CCR I have business in the Seattle, WA area. I don’t have a lot of time so I’m thinking about taking US Route 2 most of the way. I realize most of Rt. 2 is not a very challenging ride but I would rather ride a secondary road then the interstate. I get to do Beartooth and Chief Joesph byways enroute to CCR. Anyone ride the route 2 from MN to WA or significant parts of it? I'm interested in your thoughts or other alternatives?

·
Registered
307 Posts
As An Alternative to Rt 2, try Rt 200. The Plains are still the Plains, but I had a good time riding from Duluth to Priest Lake, ID last summer virtually all on RT 200. If you go PM me for some B&B tips. Gets you near Glacier Park and some other interesting terrain.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I am port Angeles WA now. Hwy 2 is a great ride especially in the mountains. Going to the sun road has construction but is a must do. Try to get there early in the day. Even I 90 is pretty scenic in idaho, WA. Coming across the Dakotas was hot - 104, but Por Angeles is in the 60' s, Seattle is usually 10 degrees warmer. Have a great trip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.