BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and loved it. I'll pick it up on Saturday. I see many go from an LT to an RT but I'm doing the opposite. I was surprised by a few things, it's low and easy to flat foot. The front brakes require more force then the RT.
One thing I couldn't figure out was how to get sound out of the speakers. When I hit the volume control it would display "speaker" but no luck. Played with the twisty/pushy knob in the glove box but no joy. All in do time.

I have many questions but I'll wait until IRTFM.

I now understand why you love this bike.

I'm not one to name a bike but this one shall be called "pig iron"

New2LT

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I went the same route, from an RT to an LT. What year is it?

There is a black push button on the audio control unit in the oddments box, I think it says Ext speaker, but not sure. Try pushing that. Does your bike have an intercom system? That can have an effect on the speakers. Normally with the engine off and the accessory switch on, and no headset connected the speakers should work.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boatzo said:
I went the same route, from an RT to an LT. What year is it?

There is a black push button on the audio control unit in the oddments box, I think it says Ext speaker, but not sure. Try pushing that. Does your bike have an intercom system? That can have an effect on the speakers. Normally with the engine off and the accessory switch on, and no headset connected the speakers should work.
It's an 08
It has what I think to be the voice2 unit?
There's a rotary knob to select different functions, CD player, inputs for phone, etc.
I have to find headsets and cables for the intercom, I need to do some research.
It has a navIII GPS which is good enough for me, I had none on the RT.

I image someone going from from an LT to the GT or GTL will have what I need for sale (headsets), I'll check the classifieds.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Top right you'll see a button labeled On make sure its turned on bottom left you'll see a button with a musical note on it press it first option is Speaker on use the volume rocker on the left handle bar to change it if its set to off.

And welcome to one of the best rides there is as well as a great forum with lots of help and great people.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Kra961 said:
Top right you'll see a button labeled On make sure its turned on bottom left you'll see a button with a musical note on it press it first option is Speaker on use the volume rocker on the left handle bar to change it if its set to off.

And welcome to one of the best rides there is as well as a great forum with lots of help and great people.
Thanks for the information, I'll try it Saturday.
I did a search for an audio manual but the links are dead.

When I rode tested the bike I had very little time, I went for a short ride then picked my wife up at work, she's the primary reason I went with the LT, she was all smiles.

I did see an owners packet in the trunk but didn't have time to explore it and it was raining.

I looked at the tool kit and all that was in it was a screwdriver and a couple fuses, what ever they are :D

I will spend more time with it on Saturday before finalizing the transaction to make sure what should be there is there.

If you don't mind can you tell me what should be in the tool kit as well as number of keys. There are two fobs in the trunk for the alarm and I guess it should have two keys.

Found one of your previous posts and yep that's it screwdriver, fuse puller, and fuses
Search first ask second, got it ;)

·
Registered
656 Posts
New2rt said:

When I rode tested the bike I had very little time, I went for a short ride then picked my wife up at work, she's the primary reason I went with the LT, she was all smiles.

I did see an owners packet in the trunk but didn't have time to explore it and it was raining.

I looked at the tool kit and all that was in it was a screwdriver and a couple fuses, what ever they are :D

I will spend more time with it on Saturday before finalizing the transaction to make sure what should be there is there.

If you don't mind can you tell me what should be in the tool kit as well as number of keys. There are two fobs in the trunk for the alarm and I guess it should have two keys.

Found one of your previous posts and yep that's it screwdriver, fuse puller, and fuses
LOL Worries...that tool kit still makes me laugh a Philips head no-less I counted a single Philips screw on the entire bike.

Don't be afraid to ask questions I spent a long time on here just reading posts picking up information the Guy's and Gals here are a treasure trove of information.

Remember this bike likes the higher end of the RPM range so as many others have said ride her like you stole her.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Make sure the security screwdriver for removing the GPS from the base is there. It's a little 2 piece driver, no more than 2, 2.5 in. Should be in the with the GPS accessories.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FlyK12LT said:
Make sure the security screwdriver for removing the GPS from the base is there. It's a little 2 piece driver, no more than 2, 2.5 in. Should be in the with the GPS accessories.
That's good to know, thanks.
There is a garmin bag in the trunk with a car kit, I'll check it for the screwdriver.

The tool kit keeps growing, now I'll have two screwdrivers :histerica

I had a K100RS, that had a decent tool kit that included tire repair bits - progress :rolleyes:

·
Registered
681 Posts
The older LTs actually came with a good little tool kit, I think somebody said they quit putting tool kits in the newer bikes (unless you want to call a screwdriver and a fuse puller a "kit")

·
Registered
161 Posts
New2rt said:

Make sure you get the security system code from the dealer ... I'm on round three from BMW to get it ... without it there are things you can't do to the security system ... i.e. ... program a fob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts