BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the new Roady xt ? I've got the Myfi have had nothing but problems with it. I've got a Roady 2 and like it. But the roady xt is a better looking unit.

Dave in Reno
05K1200LT
05R1200GS

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yep got one and got to say it's a whole lot better then the old Roady 1 or 2. First of all it's about half the size in thickness. Color display is now changed by a few pushes of the butten as is the freq on the FM band where you'd like to hear your XT. Yep, the whole FM spectrum is open. I've also noticed something with the antenna setup where it seems to work better, better meaning better reception and a setup menu. Okay there's more but you'll just have to get your own to try it all out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A_Hermes said:
Yep got one and got to say it's a whole lot better then the old Roady 1 or 2. First of all it's about half the size in thickness. Color display is now changed by a few pushes of the butten as is the freq on the FM band where you'd like to hear your XT. Yep, the whole FM spectrum is open. I've also noticed something with the antenna setup where it seems to work better, better meaning better reception and a setup menu. Okay there's more but you'll just have to get your own to try it all out.
Yeah, but I just bought a Roady 2 for my wife's car, hard to beat $19.
http://www.nycelectronics.com/ad/xm.htm

they also have the Roady XT for $59

·
Registered
298 Posts
Roady

I understand buying the roady 2 for 19 and even if it was free I'd still go for the XT, just sooooo much better, period. Oh I got the XT for 50 something through special offer. With it's new connection, it'll adapt to any vehicle or a whole lot easier then the old roady 1,2. Anyone who's interested, check them out first before buying, jut my two cents worth.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Reading the user reviews on stereo store websites, there seems to be a consensus that the wireless FM transmitter on the Roady 2 has lousy audio quality, but the wireless FM on the XT is much improved. Can anyone here confirm or deny that from personal experience? I'm thinking of getting an XT.

I'm planning to put the XT inside the oddments compartment, using velcro type tape. Will if fit in there? I always listen to the same channel (#71 !!!), so not having easy access to the channels isn't a big deal.

My ST1100 doesn't have a radio system. Can I use ear speakers plugged into the XT directly? Does the XT have enough volume for ear speakers without an auxiliary amplifier?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If anyone is interested, here's another Friends and Family deal members of this group are free to use until it runs out. Guess it may be the only thing I can give (sort of) you for Christmas this year. :)

You will need the "sponsor's email" which is: [email protected]

There are several products offered, from the newest hand-held ones, to the tiniest one yet! The new Roady XT (smallest, lightest portable unit) is FREE with subscription. XM is only $12.95/month, plus, your $14.99 activation fee is waived on the FnF, too!!

If you, or any of your friends have been thinking about XM .....here is the opportunity to get it for FREE ;) or at a considerable discount!

·
Registered
699 Posts
I always listen to the same channel (#71 !!!) said:
That's the same with me, channel 71 has some good riding music. Or, at least I think so. As far as the audio quality of the Roady II it's at least as good as the speakers in my helmet. But I'm planning on hard wiring it along with the power supply over the Holidays.

Got mine for $5.00 from e-cost I think.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
FYI I ordered the unit Sunday night and just received a shipping confirmation. Looks like I'll receive it via UPS 2nd day air tomorrow. I'll keep you posted on how things turn out.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't have it on the bike "yet" but I LIKE IT! :) :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts