BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what mount(s) did those who have an Delphi Roady 2 use?

Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I used the same kinda mount (purchased from Cycle Solutions).....but mounted on the clutch side. How would one control the XM from the right side without "cruise control" on?? Just aksin'..

The antennae wires on mine were nicely bundled and fit just fine under the handlebar cover. XM was wired to the map light. Little shelf under the front fairing holds the "converter box" thingy with some adhesive.

I'm impressed at the clean install!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I used the handy dandy tank bag mount. In other words, slapped in inside the map compartment - antenna and all. Works just fine.

:)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Roady mount

I used the swivel mount that came with it,
works well even with the Chicane tankbag in front of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
BEhrler said:
How did you mount your FRS radio? That looks like a great spot for it.
I thought that spot was right too.
It's a ICOM frs/gmrs BTW. Took the belt clip portion and using "Sho-Goo" simply attached it to bar cover.

Clip attachs on & off radios body easy enough, leaving the clip stuck in place.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
motorhead said:
Bar cover .... as in the silver plastic "Handle" bar cover.
Scott, I'm looking at stealing your idea also. Presently, my Icom is sitting in the BMW cup holder!

Looking at your second photo:
1. Is that some kind of foam?
2. What is its purpose -- to dampen vibration between the belt clip and the Icom radio?
3. Can you trust the "shoo goo" to hold?, over time Not familiar with this product, and I'm thinking I'd want the radio mounted more securely to the handlebar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Yup, Foam is there to take up the space between clip that belt would ocupy .. And does act like a damper.

Sho-Goo is TOUGH stuff !! & have not given it a second thought.

Wipe down surface you are going to "Goo Too" with some alcohol first & bond will be VERY strong.

BTW. Shoe goo flexs slightly so it's bond does not fatique. But if you really tweek on it hard, it will break free slowly ;) making install semi permanate

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
motorhead said:
Yup, Foam is there to take up the space between clip that belt would ocupy .. And does act like a damper.

Sho-Goo is TOUGH stuff !! & have not given it a second thought.

Wipe down surface you are going to "Goo Too" with some alcohol first & bond will be VERY strong.

BTW. Shoe goo flexs slightly so it's bond does not fatique. But if you really tweek on it hard, it will break free slowly ;) making install semi permanate

Scott
Scott, thanks again! You're providing all the answers I need tonight! As usual, I have more questions: Can the Shoo Goo be removed if you want to change the mounting location? What brand name for "shoo goo" should I look for?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sho-Goo is it's own brand. Another is known as "Goop" and they make a few versions, shoe goop, household goop & plumbers goop. Any of them will work just fine.

& yes it is removable if needed.

Scott

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Follow-up Questions

motorhead said:
Sho-Goo is it's own brand. Another is known as "Goop" and they make a few versions, shoe goop, household goop & plumbers goop. Any of them will work just fine.

& yes it is removable if needed.

Scott
Looking at the 2 pics you posted (the ones that show the shoo goop, the belt clip, and radio up close), it appears that my Icom belt clip and yours are different. Is your belt clip a quick-disconnect thing? On mine the belt clip is attached with 2 small Phillips screws. I'd have to get a screwdriver out to remove the belt clip from the radio (and to reattach it) -- very inconvenient, and now my plan is shifting towards just mounting the radio itself -- no belt clip -- on the bike. And BTW, I'm going to use Dual Lock on the winglets below the windshield. Any reason that won't fly (no pun intended)? Someone has done this already.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Funny :confused: ... The belt clip my ICOM came with slips into the oval tab on back of battery case.

As viewed in pics, radio simply slides down on tab at top of clip & snaps into place ... NO screws of any kind on it ???

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
motorhead said:
Funny :confused: ... The belt clip my ICOM came with slips into the oval tab on back of battery case.

As viewed in pics, radio simply slides down on tab at top of clip & snaps into place ... NO screws of any kind on it ???
We may have something here. In your pics, is that the AA battery case, or the rechargeable NiCad battery? I'm referring to the NiCad battery...

I have the AA battery case and if I could find it I could see if it works the same as yours.

Also: what is the button in the attached photo? Looks like it's part of the battery case. My belt clip design is different, as I mentioned previously.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts