BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bright sunny 24 degree day here in the Hartford area. A record amount of snow had kept me grounded since January 4th.

I'm sure others in the North East Region are now getting out and riding about. Let's keep this thread for pictures of active LT's, or whatever cycle you ride, enjoying the North East winter wonderland!!

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Naw, I don't believe it.
Those are "photoshopped images".... gotta be.

Hey, Barnett, why don't you ride up and see if you can make it up my driveway?

Seriously, good for you for getting out. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
While the roads are finally looking pretty good here in northeast Ohio, I can't get out of my driveway just yet. :( But its supposed to get up to 42° on Sunday, then stay well above freezing the next week. I hope I can get the bike out next week sometime. I miss my baby. :crybaby:

·
Registered
832 Posts
You folks are more gung ho than me. We still have lots of snow on the ground, cold temperatures, etc. While the main roads are clearing up, there are still snow/ice patches all around. Many corners and intersections are still not back to normal causing drivers to make really sharp turns to negotiate them. Rail crossings are slushy too.

Risk/reward is not in our favor yet. Then how do you wash a salty motorcycle when it is 20 degrees outside. Does everyone have a nice heated m/c garage or shop?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
kk610lt said:
Then how do you wash a salty motorcycle when it is 20 degrees outside. Does everyone have a nice heated m/c garage or shop?
Can't speak for everyone, but mine's heated. I don't keep it heated all Winter, but I can have it up to 55° in about ten minutes, should the need arise. (Any hotter and it's too hot to work.)

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
My bike has been covered in salt for a week now I'll wash it tomorrow. I have had to wash it when it's below freezing & I blow compressed air in every lock & spray them with WD-40. The last time I washed it & it was below freezing for a few days the shift indicator didn't work until it warmed up for several days.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CharlieVT said:
Hey, Barnett, why don't you ride up and see if you can make it up my driveway?

:
So, after a few days, I made it up to the "Snow Cave" area, here in Glastonbury, with out any problems! Now I'm ready to tackle your driveway.

Attachments

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blue sky, in the mid 30's, the 50's of late last week have passed, a few inches of snow forecast for Monday, time for a local road ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Winter is BACK, in full force. :mad: Sleet and snow all night. Everything is covered ... again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
messenger13_ver2 said:
Winter is BACK, in full force. :mad: Sleet and snow all night. Everything is covered ... again.
Looks like that storm is going south of New England. It will be a good time for me to carve some curves on the ski slopes, while the sun works on the roads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts