BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-

Here's my Road Trip Report on what has become my favorite moto-destination, Two Wheeled Tuesdays at Spiegel in New York City. Tune in to check out this thriving hotspot of motorcyclist camaraderie, atmosphere, and scrumptious food!

-MKL

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Moshe - I really enjoyed this one! Used to live in NY (Elmhurst) a long time ago, and the video wants me to get back! :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moshe - I really enjoyed this one! Used to live in NY (Elmhurst) a long time ago, and the video wants me to get back! :)
Thanks. Normally you can't drag me into the city on my bike with a team of horses. It's fairly suicidal when you're not used to it. But for Spiegel, it's just so worth it. The atmosphere is pro-moto!

-MKL

·
Premium Member
5,040 Posts
Thanks. Normally you can't drag me into the city on my bike with a team of horses. It's fairly suicidal when you're not used to it. But for Spiegel, it's just so worth it. The atmosphere is pro-moto!

-MKL
I visit my sister in Connecticut often, and I avoid driving into Manhattan! BTW, in the old days (very early 70's, I was driving a truck all over Manhattan, making deliveries (while looking for a new job after a lay-off), and so I am not afraid of the traffic. After seeing your video, I want to get to Spiegel myself for the mid-eastern food that you showed!

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Great video, Moshe! It was informative, interesting and the video production very good.

Too bad Spiegel is a bit of a long journey from Bend, OR. Ha! I lived in Philly for a number of years and have also ridden motorcycles through NYC, Boston, Philly, etc. It's not for the timid or faint of heart.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, riding through the city is definitely not for the faint of heart. It scares the hell out of me, and I'm used to a daily commute on the Turnpike, so I'm already fairly grizzled. That said, plenty make the trip who feel like I do, so there's something about this place that makes it worth it. (That food, for one!) Thanks for the kind words re production - it's still just me and my point and shoot (and a GoPro now, too!)

-MKL

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi All-

Here's my Road Trip Report on what has become my favorite moto-destination, Two Wheeled Tuesdays at Spiegel in New York City. Tune in to check out this thriving hotspot of motorcyclist camaraderie, atmosphere, and scrumptious food!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KosEuVGv7k

-MKL
Looks fantastic. My SO and I need to check it out. Ride to eat is our favorite pastime. I grew up in NYC and have ridden in on occasion. Need to convince the SO to ride in with me. Fear factor.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks fantastic. My SO and I need to check it out. Ride to eat is our favorite pastime. I grew up in NYC and have ridden in on occasion. Need to convince the SO to ride in with me. Fear factor.
It's really great. Enjoy it while we can still ride out there. The white stuff will be coming soon!

-MKL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts