BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is the day we leave the bitter cold of MN to head to Texas for my LT!! Can't wait to get some nicer weather and riding in. Any suggestions for places to go or see along I35 to Texas?

Also, what should I look for on the bike??
I'm thinking of picking up a CLC as well, I assume the same lookover applies to that bike??

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dallas Fort Worth area!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
cfell said:
... Depends on how deep you're going into Texas...
He's going to Justin - just NW of FW.

Joe - you swingin' by Skylark's place??? ;) :D

I travel that IH-35 more than I wanna, butt can't think of a place to recommend worth stopping or seeing. I'm sure there are places - I just don't know 'em. Some of the locals up there should have lots better info, as will Les once you get there. Have a safe trip.

BTW - I don't know about the CLC's handlebars, butt you sure don't wanna use the LT's handlebars as a tie-down point --- just a reminder that you're prolly already up on.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dick, do you know this Skylark character? Is he good to his motors? ;)

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,459 Posts
joevano said:
Dick, do you know this Skylark character? Is he good to his motors? ;)
Nah, don't know him, Joe. Butt he blasted onto the LT scene here and got right with it. And Vicki did the same. I'm thinkin' they're rider's riders and most definitely treat the motors right. I can't remember for sure if they showed up at CCR last year, butt hopefully they did and got a good initiation to our family. :thumb:

Good luck to ya, Joe. Trailer safe. And btw, tell them Skylark characters not to become strangers around the forums. ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Dick, I'm picking up his LT and am hoping my wife falls in love with the CLC. After all, a two place trailer would look lonely with only one bike on it back to Minnesnowda! ;)

·
Cat Herder
1,540 Posts
If you are driving down to DFW/FW on I-35 - Drive as fast as you can!!! There is nothing to see... Kansas City is a nightmare - you have to drive through the middle of the city and the traffic sucks. Oklahoma is as red as a tomato... (Keep driving fast) it takes about 10 hours to get there from Des Moines... add 4 hours if you are in the cities ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
If you don't mind a slight detour off of I-35, Marquette, KS has a antique motorcycle museum that's supposed to be pretty good. It's just south of Salina, KS. You can deviate onto I-70 west at KC, then south on I-135 at Salina to Marquette. Then continue south on I-135 til it hits I-35 in Wichita and you're back on your route.

In addition to seeing more motorcycles, it will let you bypass the dreaded Kansas Flint Hills and allow you to keep the notion that KS is totally flat!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts