BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone happen to know how far back into the bike yiou have to go to get tot he connectors for the right switch group? I have takent he handlebar covers and center cover off and STILL cannot find the end of the cable! Does it go all the way into the electrical box under the gas tank? If so, no biggie, I have to go there anyway to replace my starter relay but I am just wondering where this cable ends! :eek:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I hope I'm understanding your question correctly - if not, this won't make any sense at all. My heated grip switch (on the right grip cluster) went bad. Didn't want to spend (IIRC) $285 for a new one. I traced just the heated grip circuit to a connector behind the nose cone. I don't know if all the others are there too, there were 4 that I can remember, but at least that one was. I'll try to scout around this forum as I believe I posted some photos of it. Be back in a flash! :wave

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Did'ja miss me?
I found the photos on my computer. Here's what I worked on, directly behind the nose, under the dash. Disregard the writing as that had to do with diagnosing the switch problem, but it does show you what the connections look like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
If you are going to have the nose cone off, consider upgrading the head light bulb with a HID system for the low beam.

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fpmlt said:
Did'ja miss me?
I found the photos on my computer. Here's what I worked on, directly behind the nose, under the dash. Disregard the writing as that had to do with diagnosing the switch problem, but it does show you what the connections look like.
Got it! I can even make the changes without taking off the nose. My bike is in ENOUGH pieces right now. SCARY! :think:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a right side switch group available... The brake switch is probably bad. The wires go to the relay box by the air cleaner....But I don't know where the heated grip wires go QUESTION In your photo #2 the 3 wire female connector goes where?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts