BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several posts about good synthetic riding underwear at walmart. My wife and I have looked and can`t find it . What department are you guys getting it in?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Oh Ralph!

What a joker...but back on the subject...I don't know about Wal-mart but I would purchase 'under armor' at any sporting goods store, i.e. Dick's sporting goods, Finish line

·
Registered
912 Posts
I am not sure about armor, but toward the end of the summer, they stock cotton,synthetic and sometimes wool long underwhere. More the farther north you go. I doubt there is much call for it this side of the 4th of July.

It came in handy when last Columbus Day turned brutal. But it sure warmed up in November. Strange fall - winter that it was.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
I think, in general, you get what you pay for, rarely more! Things I've bought at Walmart are mostly cheep and don't hold up. But, you don't pay much....

Because of this forum, I purchased a pair of under ware and a long sleeve tee shirt from LD Comfort and really love the attention to detail. It is everything they say it is and more.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/index.html

I'm ready to order another complete pair.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
wrmoss said:
Oh Ralph!

What a joker...but back on the subject...I don't know about Wal-mart but I would purchase 'under armor' at any sporting goods store, i.e. Dick's sporting goods, Finish line

What he says, ChinaMart's stuff is a joke, go to a sporting good store and buy the Under Armour. The wife and I bought the compression summer tops, she has the bottoms too but I have the LD Comfort Shorts (they are great).

Great stuff, easy to clean quick to dry and cooler than you think!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
pkpr1998 said:
What he says, ChinaMart's stuff is a joke, go to a sporting good store and buy the Under Armour. The wife and I bought the compression summer tops, she has the bottoms too but I have the LD Comfort Shorts (they are great).

Great stuff, easy to clean quick to dry and cooler than you think!
Try Target . . .

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
1. Walmart or Target - $5.00. Cheese, but WAY, WAY better than cotton.

2. Under Armour - $20.00. Excellent quality, well made. It's all I wear, all the time (but that's way too much information) :D

3. LD Underwear - $50.00? :wow: I'm sure it's the best thing since sliced bread, but IMHO just another cleverly marketed "motorcycle specifc" rebranding of a commodity product (Monkey Butt Powder anyone?) designed to separate you from your hard earned cash. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
163 Posts
The underwear you are looking for is not in the men's department. It is in sporting goods. Walmart calls them Compression Shorts. They are usually stocked near the stuff for baseball players.

I have Underarmour and LD shorts. The Walmart shorts work just as well in my opinion and retail for about $10.

Karl

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
DanDiver said:
Because of this forum, I purchased a pair of under ware and a long sleeve tee shirt from LD Comfort and really love the attention to detail. It is everything they say it is and more.

http://www.ldcomfort.com/index.html

I'm ready to order another complete pair.
Dan, do you use the long sleeve in the summer? How does it work in your area?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
ibbones said:
Dan, do you use the long sleeve in the summer? How does it work in your area?
I love the shorts, but have only worn them a few times. I like the fact that I don't feel them. They wash and dry very quickly. Might be the same as Under Armour compression shorts.

The long sleeve shirt is also very comfortable and when slightly damp feels cool with my BMW jacket. I like the mock turtle neck because it keeps the jacket from rubbing on my neck. When it is damp and I'm moving it's great. Stop and go traffic, hot sun, it uncomfortable. I've only worn it 2 times and both times I was pleased. Then again, Under Armour might be the same thing. Cheep "similar" from Walmart does not hold up as well, but cost quite a bit less.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I was excited to hear that Oklahoma City is getting a new outlet mall..

One of the stores will be Under Armor....:)

I'll be taking orders when it's open..

John

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just don't wear anything under those mesh pants..... :p

BTW....all my UA are made in South America (Nicaragua & Peru)....I do wear the bottoms and tops when riding. I've never tried the Nike or WM clone brand, but I'd assume they'd do just as fine....and for the price of one set of UA you could buy several of the off-brand types that'd probably last you longer in the end.

Safety note....we (most sensible commanders) don't allow our Soldiers to wear UA or any nylon/rayon based fabric next to their skin during combat operations....its a fact that too many Soldiers have had their undergarments melted to their skin from IED flashburns :wow: which, obviously, complicates initial treatment.....not much to worry about on our highways though....just thought I'd provide a little insight to what our Troops are doing overseas!

·
Registered
322 Posts
nocanpickem said:
The underwear you are looking for is not in the men's department. It is in sporting goods. Walmart calls them Compression Shorts. They are usually stocked near the stuff for baseball players.

I have Underarmour and LD shorts. The Walmart shorts work just as well in my opinion and retail for about $10.

Karl
It must not be the same in all Wal-Marts. I found the compression shorts and the shirts, long and short sleeve as well as heavier and lighter fabric in the Men's dept. at our store.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I wear under armour mock turtleneckwith long sleeve shirts under my jacket, keeps the sun off and the sweat on so it has time to cool you. I do wear synthetic underwear but actually wear bicycle riding shorts with a chaomis crotch. This really keeps monkey butt at bay, I bring 2 pair of each on a 2 week ride, wash them out every evening and they are dry by the next day. sure keeps the packing bulk down to a minimum.

Kieth

1 - 15 of 15 Posts