BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may not be logistically practical for me to meet with John Zeiler and Brett Salmon to ride all the way out to CCR together next year but maybe many of us could meet up at the Grand Canyon and ride to Zion National Park and CCR from there.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
It may not be logistically practical for me to meet with John Zeiler and Brett Salmon to ride all the way out to CCR together next year but maybe many of us could meet up at the Grand Canyon and ride to Zion National Park and CCR from there.
Are we NOT good enough for you? >:)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are we NOT good enough for you? >:)
problem is that if we were to leave from John's house the first day I would have to ride over 2 hours to get there.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
problem is that if we were to leave from John's house the first day I would have to ride over 2 hours to get there.

Well you could ride to our house the night before and stay with us. There is still a lot of time but am wondering if would meet John and Jean in Huntsville and ride out Hwy 72 to Memphis then pick up I-40?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
That was our route starting out. Initial cut is Shawnee OK (660), Albuquerque (582), South rim for an hour and then to Kingman (595). Final to Monterey (562). Still just a first blush.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well you could ride to our house the night before and stay with us. There is still a lot of time but am wondering if would meet John and Jean in Huntsville and ride out Hwy 72 to Memphis then pick up I-40?
That's a possible solution ☺ but we may go via Baton Rouge to spend a couple of days with Jan's sister like we did last year. Like you said though it's still early to set final plans but we have to decide about Baton Rouge pretty soon so I know what vacation time to ask off.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's a possible solution ☺ but we may go via Baton Rouge to spend a couple of days with Jan's sister like we did last year. Like you said though it's still early to set final plans but we have to decide about Baton Rouge pretty soon so I know what vacation time to ask off.
Even if we don't ride all the way with you and John I want to schedule my trip to meet up with you at the Grand Canyon. Maybe some other riders can do the same thing. It would be fun to ride at least part of the trip as a group.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was our route starting out. Initial cut is Shawnee OK (660), Albuquerque (582), South rim for an hour and then to Kingman (595). Final to Monterey (562). Still just a first blush.
John, what day are you going to leave your house?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
John, what day are you going to leave your house?
Probably that Friday before the event. Unless my planning refinements make me want to add an additional day out bound. A lot will depend on how my recovery goes from the last surgery. I am holding off on registration because of that.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Probably that Friday before the event. Unless my planning refinements make me want to add an additional day out bound. A lot will depend on how my recovery goes from the last surgery. I am holding off on registration because of that.
I am starting to get a little worried about you guys down south there Dave (saddleman) he,s going to stay around town riding and maybe retire far from us all and now you with in the recovery mode I will have no reason to come to the Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort :wink:
Any way John hope for a speedy recover

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I am starting to get a little worried about you guys down south there Dave (saddleman) he,s going to stay around town riding and maybe retire far from us all and now you with in the recovery mode I will have no reason to come to the Ironhorse Motorcycle Resort :wink:
What am I, chopped liver :wink: I know i am new to the group but I am still hoping to see familiar and new faces for years to come.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,249 Posts
I'll be at the Ironhorse alright but I might be in the BMW convertible.

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,989 Posts
Gary, I'm burning up half of my vacation time in March riding a dirt bike in Nicaragua for 6 days. I'm looking at the possibility of starting a motorcycle touring company there. It's only a 2 hour flight from south Florida.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Gary, I'm burning up half of my vacation time in March riding a dirt bike in Nicaragua for 6 days. I'm looking at the possibility of starting a motorcycle touring company there. It's only a 2 hour flight from south Florida.
Have a great time in Nicaragua I can see you there now a stripped down LT as your dirt bike with the chains on the wheels

1 - 16 of 16 Posts