BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's a great ride I did it in July just to break in my RT. Not too technical try to not do it on weekends it can get very crowded and people have a tendency to pull out of overlooks suddenly.
the weather this time of year should be very nice but be sure to check..
and finally gas up in Monterey or big sur as their is limited gas along the way.
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I've done the Big Sur portion several times and liked the coast route north of San Fransisco to Ft. Bragg even more.... :wave

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
We did it a few years ago on the way to Bend Or. We started in San Luis Obispo and took 3 days to get to Bend. I agree the part north of San Francisco was the best.

·
Registered
54 Posts
there are great rodes all over that area. if you want some good rodes get off hyw 1. try hyw 9, 20 49 and there are outher that i can tell you about as i ride all over the coast. just drop me a pm. and tell me what you want to see. i will see what i can find.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I've been thinking about Nacimiento-Fergusson road, between Hwy1 and 101.
However, there may be an access issue going through Ft. Hunter Liggett.

Edit: I just spoke with a nice fellow at the Ft. Hunter Liggett Visitors Center, and He informed Me that an access pass (background check) is only necessary if you go into the Garrison (within the contained area).

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Route 33 through the Los Padres National Forest is an incredible contrast to the coast, with great twisties and sweeps. I found the coast north of Moro Bay solidly socked in with heavy fog and opted for a sunny and dry alternative. Keep your fuel topped off!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts