BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, sometimes life just works out. I had to go to Germany for business, went a couple days early so I could rent a bike and ride around southern Germany a little. Turned out that last weekend was the BMW Motorad days Ralley in Garmish (close to Insbruk Austria). Well, let me tell you, if you ever get a chance, DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 30000 BMW riders, all types from Antiques, to the real Boxer cup racers, test rides on anything BWM makes, Moto test rides and the best of all, a grand ride through the Alps. 1500 bikes (give or take) on a 3 hour ride through the alps. Absolutely awsome. There was a ton of displays, a huge "Bier Garten.
Bike cost about $ 400 for 4 days from the BMW Motorad Central dealership, 3 floors on the showroom, every bike, some I have never scene before, customes, racers, VERY NICE PEOPLE. Riding in Germany was a dream, people actually respect you, don't crowd you and look out for you. AND lane splitting is expected.

I had a R1200RT which is really a nice bike for REAL twisties, would have really liked my K12S for the moauntains, and the LT for the autobahn, but the R bike does both very well.

Milton "wanna go back, can I Huh" G

·
Registered
562 Posts
Do you still have the contact info for the dealer you rented the bike from. A bunch of us are planning to head over there in 09 and are looking at rental options. Thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dealer in Germany

I went to the BMW Motorad Central.
BMW Motorradzentrum

Write a review
Frankfurter Ring 29
80807 München, Germany

089/3535 - 180
bmw-motorrad.de

It was on the Frankfurterring in the northern part of the city. The guys name was ANdy Green.

My friend used www.muenchnerfreiheit.de (then look for English link on the left) for a two day tour and said it was great.

Milton

1 - 4 of 4 Posts