BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm not sure how much riding I'll be able to do the rest of this season, I was helping a buddy move his gun safe Wednesday evening, we were rolling it on 1 inch dowell rods I was moving the rods from back to front as we rolled the safe, in repositioning the rod, the safe got dropped on the tip of my right index finger promptly removing the tip of my finger! Looks like we might be driving to CCR.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Well I'm not sure how much riding I'll be able to do the rest of this season, I was helping a buddy move his gun safe Wednesday evening, we were rolling it on 1 inch dowell rods I was moving the rods from back to front as we rolled the safe, in repositioning the rod, the safe got dropped on the tip of my right index finger promptly removing the tip of my finger! Looks like we might be driving to CCR.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I saw "the" finger on FB, looked all wrapped up!

Hope you heal quickly and nothing wrong with driving to CCR; we did that in Duluth.

Have a good day buddy.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Sorry to hear about your finger you should be good to go by the time Ironhorse comes thats good;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I thought you read the sign
"List full no one after me"
Step ladder fall, elbow, successful surgery in rehab now. No clutching fingers still won't make a fist. Elbow coming along much more rapidly. So I say suspended rather than cut short. Keep your chin up.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear about your finger you should be good to go by the time Ironhorse comes thats good;)

That's what I'm hoping :)

·
Premium Member
4,883 Posts
Sorry about the finger, I'm sure that it hurt.... Our local police chief lost the tip of her trigger finger in a boating accident last year. She now wears a prosthetic tip...

.... About a week before I was supposed to head north last year, a 25# grouper decided that my left hand was bait... I'm trying to stay safe and cautious for the next few weeks...

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Ouch!! sorry to hear about your finger. Hopefully you rehab well.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Wow, David, I'll bet that hurt like a you-know-what, and you probably had a few choice words to say... Hope you heal quickly.

You realize you'll never have a pair of gloves that fits right again, don't you? You'll have to put up with that one fingertip flapping in the wind, or modify every pair of gloves you have. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Sorry about the finger, I'm sure that it hurt.... Our local police chief lost the tip of her trigger finger in a boating accident last year. She now wears a prosthetic tip...

.... About a week before I was supposed to head north last year, a 25# grouper decided that my left hand was bait... I'm trying to stay safe and cautious for the next few weeks...
Here in New Jersey, any injury to an officer's trigger finger entitles them to a disability retirement pension.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Vicki just pointed out I could use mittens
...Long story...I had a 1974 Silver smoke R90S that I had the fairing from a R100RS painted up in Silver smoke. It was a nice bike, Lighted flywheel, lightened wrist pins, dual plugged, hardened lifter inserts heaver valve springs++... It looked nice & went like stink.

Anyway, I was tooling along on my R90 when a car pulled out from a side road & ran me off the road.:wow:... It late fall & it was kind of cool out, so I was wearing a pair of goose down mittens. So here I am on the edge of the road trying to flip the girl off that just put me there. She looks over at me and waves back. All she saw was my mitten, & thought ...That's strange, there is a guy riding a motorcycle on the edge of the roar waving at me...I guess I will way back...:wave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts