BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The May issue of Rider has a First Ride on the GT and GTL. I just got my mail and have to take the LT out so I have not read it yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
They have an excellent side-by-side photo from overhead that really shows the difference in handlebar placement, seat shape, and rider peg size.

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
The mail lady delivered Rider and Motorcyclist magazines to us today. A K1600 is on the cover of both of them. Cool. :cool:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I got mine too. I noticed that they too have criticized the passenger comforts of the GTL.

"in terms of rider comfort, they should stand up well against their competitors. However, the same may not hold up for passenger comfort. I go mixed reports from journalists who rode as passengers on both bikes. In particular, the sides of the GTL's passenger backrest pushed their arms forward into an awkward position, and they complained that the wider seat left little room between it and the grab rails."

·
Registered
832 Posts
sprdoorman said:
I got mine too. I noticed that they too have criticized the passenger comforts of the GTL.

"in terms of rider comfort, they should stand up well against their competitors. However, the same may not hold up for passenger comfort. I go mixed reports from journalists who rode as passengers on both bikes. In particular, the sides of the GTL's passenger backrest pushed their arms forward into an awkward position, and they complained that the wider seat left little room between it and the grab rails."
I expected that to be the case. Those new bikes, however cool they are, are not LT's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts