BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a little ride to Turner Falls and back today with some friends...
4-Harleys
1-BMW
1-Can-AM Spyder

We met the group and the appointed place and at the appointed hour....
Since I was riding with Harley's, I graciously offered to ride sweep...
Proceeded to ride the next 100 miles at 10-15 mph below the speed limit.
OMG.. Now, I know, We're not in a hurry...And it was really fine and all, But there were a few times when I was just a little less than pleased with the pace...
So when we started back, They all said, OK, you lead...

Lindy and I had them in our mirrors for at least a mile, I swear......
The first couple of S turns in the park and they were all gone...

Bye, Bye.....

Lindy Drove the Spyder 178 miles between fills.. And I don't think she got it full the first time.. She was on fumes when we finally got to a station...She had no bars and had been on the low fuel light at least 20 miles... When I asked her why she ran it so low, She said,
"Well I had two bars back at the last town and then as soon as we got out of town I only had one bar... "

I told her, That's how it works. Always fill up before you "have" to..
But as least she knows she can go that far...The first hundred or so miles was with a hell of a headwind as well...

We did about 225 total in all.. First time to ride her Spyder that far.. She did good...
I still had half a tank when we got home...

John

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
John -
Not my favorite speed, either.

BTW - assume you guys know about Spyderlovers.com ? Best by far for Spydie stuff!!

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Well , I think the old saying goes , anybody that drives faster that me is an idiot , & anybody that drive slower that me is a moron :wave

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Patric said:
Well , I think the old saying goes , anybody that drives faster that me is an idiot , & anybody that drive slower that me is a moron :wave

Now THAT, I like!!!
Rode Hwy 550 in Colorado last year, and got soooooo pissed when I got caught behind some 'morons' on Harleys. Waited for a posted 10 MPH curve and passed then on the inside just to make my point. Geez that crap gets annoying. Guess I was being an idiot.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
John, I ride with friends that have an eclectic mix of bikes and I love my friends and to ride with them. I the one thing that bothers me the most when riding tail gunner, is the loud pipes. How sweet it is to take the lead and have peace and quiet. :D

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, you're right on that.. I rode sweep on the way out and was constantly dipping behind my windshield to figure out what the heck that noise was... When I dropped down all I heard was the purring of the boxer....

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts