BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Cabo San Lucas 3rd week in november.Leaving form northern Illinois. Anybody interested...??? Mark 47 n/s n/d... very experienced rider.
Don't care about pace will go any speed you want but, I have 1.5 weeks to do this so you do the math...Veteran of 5 nevada 1100's...
Easy going guy.. just like to ride....LET'S ROLL....

·
Registered
375 Posts
cabo

i did this trip a couple of months ago. get "motorcycle journeys through baja" by clement salvadori. read it through twice take notes and take it with you. one thing: stay at the hotel yeneka in la paz. it is so cool. i'd rather stay there a week and skip cabo, but you gota see it once right?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Just got back, Let me know if you have any questions. Mex 1 is similar in size and condition to a county two lane up here. It can be ridden one direction in two hard days. I would recomend three if you want to soak up any scenery. The upper third of the pennisula is more populated and slower going.
The road is much more oily and greasy than we are used to. In general the vehicles large and small are in pretty poor conditon and leak like a colander. Especially on long climbs where the trucks are slow and working hard to pull the hill. I had a LOT of oil and grease all over the under side and checked air pressure a couple times before I was convinced that the loose feeling was road surface and not my tires.

HTH, Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts