BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most everyone knows Rockmiester has a new R1200RT that need a new seat. Going up to Rick Mayer this Saturday, I'm going up for a slight adjustment on my current Rick Mayer.
So if anyone is interested on going for a ride up to Anderson and see how Rick does a seat let us know, we'll plan a little ride. Hwy 36 is in Rick's backyard so we can ride one of the best roads in CA. The weather is look fantastic for this weekend. :D

If there is interest we'll plan a start time from the 49er Truck Stop on Saturday Morning.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds familure. I have an appt on Nov 12th with Rick. Can't wait to get off the stock saddle.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our appointment is at 0900 so it will be an early start - maybe we can get breakfast/coffee in Red Bluff on the way up. We can decide on a start time tonight and HDDC.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok start time has bee set :eek:
Start: 0600
Place: 49er Truck Stop - I-80 and West El Camino
Breakfast/Coffee in Corning
Route: I-5 to Woodland, Hwy 45 up the valley to Corning then on to Rick's Place outside of Anderson by 0900.

Depending on the weather and time we plan on Riding part to all of HWY 36 after we're done at Rick Mayers. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
6:00 am!!

Oh, forgot this was my idea. See you bright and early Saturday.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mini Report,

Jim, Billy and I left Sacramento at 0615, Raffy joined us at Ricks place about 20 minutes after we arrived. Jim got a brand new leather Rick Mayer seat - Post some pics Jim. We all rode around 36 and a few back roads for a few hours on loaned seats. I had my Rick Mayer adjusted a little more to the firm side. We also visited Billy's sister who happens to live in the area, man do they have some great property in the country!
Not sure of the milage but I belive we were well over 400 miles for the day. Great riding with everyone and listening to Rick's account of his Iron Butt finish this year. :D

·
Rider Journeyman
2,015 Posts
Kitchen pass....

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make this little jaunt, but it when I found out that Nancy had to work most of the day, what the heck.:D

I ended up waking up in time for the 6:15AM departure and the Boss was not happy about me leaving that early. She thought I should sleep in and "catch up" with the Posse a bit later :( With that "tension" in the air, I took off for the ride.

As we were motoring up I-5, I called my sister and got the okay for drop in visit. Chatted about current events, our kids and such. I absolutely love having the phone available for that kind of road. 130 miles of slab never went by so quickly...... except in the deserts of Nevada, but that's for a different reason ;)

Rick Mayer was a very engaging sort and his tales about the Iron Butt Rally were quite interesting (not sure I would do one, but the thought is doing laps right now). Anyone want a Newfoundland puppy, contact Rick... seriously.

The roads were excellent as far as curves and scenery, although the gravel was quite a bit more than I expected. Most of the corners demanded that the line be set in the right left wheel tracks of the lane without crossing over. Fun in a concentration sort of way. A few minutes of light rain... no joy there.

Wapped up with a late lunch with Rick and I shared the story about my departure and the fact that my Kitchen Pass expired promptly at 7PM. That come "hell or hight water" I was going to be home at 7 PM.

We took off from lunch, got gas in Corning and made our way down 45. Very nice ride, not a lot of turns but "different", a side of the I-5 corridor I hadn't seen before. We stopped in Colusa for a break and that's when the GPS gave me the bad news. "Arrival time, 6:53PM"..... Sorry guys, gotta go!!:eek:

Headed back via Hwy 20 along the Sutter Buttes. Way cool, I've never seen them up close like that before.

Pulled into the garage at 6:52PM. A very good day of riding. Nancy got home and all was right in my little corner of the world :bmw:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts