BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is six weeks to the day that I had my leetle get off.

The ankle gets some twinges, but the ribs are still killing me.

When I went to the ER, they x-rayed the ankle and determined nada broken and said they couldn't do nada por nada for the ribs and off I went.

Now, this rib thang, and after having broken and cracked ribs, I speak from experience. I can cough, sneeze, laugh, sleep, etc. without it dropping me to my knee's, so I've been working on the assumption of a very deep bruise.

Went to my Chiro Thursday and he pointed out a very large dent in the left side with a corresponding large bulge on the back of the left side rib cage. And claims broken, but there isn't broken symptoms. BTW, I almost passed out, saw spots and grew dizzy when he hit me. I offered to pay him hugely to stop.:eek:

He prescribed wrapping during the day, which, amazingly, has brought some relief.

Dr. Rod pronounced me one tough dood, which I begged to differ with him as he's caused me to tap out with one, leetle pinky finger.

Somethang is not kosher here.

Any of you amatuer gynecologists care to comment on this?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
249 Posts
I AM NOT A DOCTOR!!!!

But I am wondering if you have dislocated your ribs? I dislocated a couple of ribs (attached to the sternum) in a college football game. I am not sure about how the ribs are attached in the back...I am thinking cartilage as is the front, but again...I am not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express lastnight. Sorry I tried to resist.

·
IBR# 366
16,572 Posts
Glad you're healing, if a bit slow. Hope Barbara's making as much progress.

The real question is: which color loctite makes the best sauce for those ribs? :)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Grif,

Big bummer dude.

Ribs do heal and go away with no residual aches or pains. I just hate hearing that you are still in pain.

When I read the heading I thought you were going to give us a good rib recipe or something.

I'm sorry that I don't know any magic tricks, but you might try hanging with your hand clinched around a pull-up bar. That kind of frees things up in the diaphragm area.. You take care of yourself and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Griff:

Sorry to hear you are still suffering from your little mishap.

When it comes to ribs, my expertise is eating them.

Can tell you from my experience that broke ribs hurt bad for a good while. Your chiro might have the best plan to get you all fixed back up but think time is what's gonna do it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Mix gingerly with a quart of Jack or Wild Turkey... Only kidding. Sure hope you are getting better. Was thinking about you last week wondering if you made a decision on repairing Barbara or getting something different... changing subject helps ease the pain. Somewhat.

·
Registered
435 Posts
EXCELLENT!!! Very happy to hear. Now heal up and take -er easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts