BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 2002 American model . I can't hear FM radio because in US the radio scan odds, whereas in Israel / Europe they scan every one tenth of the MHz . our channels are even : (88/ 88.2/ 88.4/ 91.8 etc ) .
Can BMW radio also be switched (US or Europe).
Dose It have an internal switch for European or North American FM tuning

Thanks' .

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a "Service Mode" on the radio, See THIS LINK, you may need to join the forum there to see the manual. I was able to access the mode on my 2000 LT by holding different buttons down while powering on, the AREA option was available and I could navigate through the menu with the handlebar controls.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Almost certainly the radio can be switched, either by programming or with a hard switch. Most newer radios have the ability to tune European or American but have to be set to one or the other. I would think since these were sold in Europe, it is somehow switchable but I was unable to find it in the radio manual. Contacting a dealer might be your best option. I do not recall seeing a hard switch when I had mine apart, but that's been a couple of years ago. Here's a link to the manual.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12290

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,252 Posts
Here is how you do it. Get to the parameter labeled "AREA" and step though it.

To access this parameter start with the key in the "R" position and the radio turned OFF. Then turn on the radio and press and hold the "MAN" button. It will show "SVOL (OFF,1,2,3,or 4)", continue to hold the "MAN" button until the radio serial number appears. Now you can step through a list of settings with the "seek" button on the grip. When you get to "AREA" press the vol +- key to change it. Then cycle the radio off and back on. That should do it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jzeiler said:
Here is how you do it. Get to the parameter labeled "AREA" and step though it.
To access this parameter start with the key in the "R" position and the radio turned OFF. Then turn on the radio and press and hold the "MAN" button. It will show "SVOL (OFF,1,2,3,or 4)", continue to hold the "MAN" button until the radio serial number appears. Now you can step through a list of settings with the "seek" button on the grip. When you get to "AREA" press the vol +- key to change it. Then cycle the radio off and back on. That should do it.
Thanks for useful advice,
I have a problem:
Switch regions shows me two situations JPN or USA
I need another area :Europe

JPN frequency is even Unlike USA where it's odd.
Frequency in JPN extends only to 88 FM. but I need to 90FM - 110 FM +
Is it possible to solve the problem?

thank's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts