BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is too easy to run home after a bad dealer or warranty experience and post away.

So, I am pleased to announce that my reverser was diagnosed and repaired on the first attempt by BMW of Charlotte. The speed sensor was the culprit. (In my case, the bike would move aft about 3 feet with each successive press of the starter button while in reverse mode.)

In addition to the reverser problem, they replaced my rear rotor due to excessive disc play about the rivets. I know this is a huge topic of discussion, but in my case I really didn't mind the rattle and I did not make the complaint. However, the tech and service manager recommended replacement.

For point of reference, the new rotor has quite a bit of float about the rivets also but not as much as the original, and no rattle on slow cornering.

The bike's in good shape and looks like she was well treated during her stay.

Hope this information helps someone else solve their similar problems.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I had same problem with reverser on mine, fixed at the 10k km service.
And had the rear rotor replaced for same problem, but mine now has NO play... I'm still confused by that! Yep, its nice when BMW picks up and says "we'll fix that" even when you don't know somethings really wrong... :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for sharing the good news, John.

·
Registered
257 Posts
bike fixed

glad to hear your bike is fixed and you are pleased with the dealer in charlotte. bought my 03 new from the dealer in greensboro. get all my work done there. all the people there are top shelf. they treat you good. i have no complaints. its good to know that there is at least two dealers in N.C. that treat you right. dan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts