BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI everyone,

Planning for my winter maintenance tasks for my 2006 LT. I need to fix the reversing function. It works for a few seconds and then stops. I have read that it is probably the reverse speed sensor PN 23007660180.

Does anyone have an extra they could sell? BMW is very proud of this part.

Thanks!

Dreaming of warmer weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My sensor looks fine. Not sure how they fail since I believe they are just a magnetic pickup. Any insights?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
HI everyone,

Planning for my winter maintenance tasks for my 2006 LT. I need to fix the reversing function. It works for a few seconds and then stops. I have read that it is probably the reverse speed sensor PN 23007660180.

Mine did that all last year. I loosened the throttle cables, for a different issue, and the problem went away.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. What do you mean by loosening the throttle cables? Adjusting the slack at the grip or perhaps where the cables are secured along their path?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The engine is running fine while in reverse so not sure how the throttle cable would keep it from stopping the reverse function after a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I do not completely understand how this all fits together. Let me just say that I was having trouble with cruise control not staying engaged. After allowing the throttle cables a bit more freedom, the cruise control and reverse function both came back on line I can't guarantee this is a fix for your issue. But I guarantee it is the easiest first adjustment I would try .

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,561 Posts
Try running an ohm meter across the terminals and see if it is open. Not really sure of the failure mode, chances are good that the one on ebay is good as it is a really low failure item.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts