BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue with my reverse. The 'R' lights up on the dash, but then when I press the starter button, the revs pick-up then immediately drop off and it doesn't move. Anyone know what component has failed?? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
If it does move but only a few feet and stops it is the speed sensor in the transmission. But if the revs only go up for a second or so and NO movement it may be the actual reverser controller as there is nothing else in the circuit. If you get it at the dealer it is $1800, but there are usually some on e-bay for anywhere from $35 on up.

Two questions did it used to work OK and this just started? Has there been any recent work on the bike?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought the bike and it never worked. Seller SWORE it worked just before I came to pick it up.....:serious:

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
OK then either the unit has failed or the three heavy wires are not hooked up correctly. Go to the top of the reverser unit and locate the three large black with yellow stripe wires. One should go to the battery + terminal and it has a RED sleeve at the eyelet. One should go to the starter tie point and that one has a BLACK sleeve. The last one goes to the ground tie point and has a BROWN sleeve.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts