BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything seems to work right including the dash tell-tale light, but nothing happens when I push the starter button for reverse. Only change is; the light flashes steadily while the starter button is held down. :( I know precisely when it failed, it made a half hearted effort for 1/2 second (engine only reved up a little) and nothing since. I have a service manual and have figured out there are some conections to check, but I'm wondering if it is likely to be the control unit? and is there a positive computer diagnosis that could be done by a REAL BMW mechanic? I'm in no hurry, I can live without it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As soon as I posted I found a full discussion from - I believe last February. Lots of things to check. If I'm unsuccessful I might take it sans plastic to a Master Tech.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Kickstand down or brake on?..........

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the old posts are about reverse only working a few feet at a time, not one that's stone dead like mine. Found out a new controller is $1300! When I finaly get a real Diagnosis, if that's it I'll either go "reverseless" or call the Wrecker's for a used one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts