BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have bike all together, just don't want to smoke anything, was in a little time crunch and took things apart over many days, Need reverse controller connections, looked obvious when I removed them, now not sure.

one wire has red band on it, pos lead on battery?

altogether 3 or 4 large eye connectors

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Have bike all together, just don't want to smoke anything, was in a little time crunch and took things apart over many days, Need reverse controller connections, looked obvious when I removed them, now not sure.

one wire has red band on it, pos lead on battery?

altogether 3 or 4 large eye connectors

THANKS!
Yes the wire marked with red tape goes to battery positive, brown = ground and the one that's all black goes to the starter tie point. I think switching the two positive wires makes you go fast in reverse.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for the help, here is the useless info from the manual

I think I have 2 black wires with yellow trace, where do they go?

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Main problem is the thick eye connectors that go on bolts or ground points

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Do your black/yellow wires have colored tags of some sort at the terminal? If so there should be a brown tag, that goes to the ground point. I believe the other might not have a tag, but goes to the starter tie point.

Wish JZ would chime in, he has all this stuff memorized.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
I answered him in another post but you had it correct there with your info. Have to remember the BMW manuals are not meant to be all inclusive as they are there to assist the Factory Trained Technicians on the particulars of the specific model. They assume some knowledge already of how BMW does things.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help everyone

Everything is hooked up, did not notice the brown band until you guys pointed it out.

Starter relay clicks, no start, if starter black wire is touched on bat + then starter does work, so it seems the rev controller is the stopping point.

2 round connectors on rev controller are they labeled to show what they connect to?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,170 Posts
They will only go into their mates under the rear seat and the starter signal does go through them so if they are not hooked up you will not start.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks will try again.

I think I found a few diff ones they will fit in, will get speakers conencted to eliminate other plugs

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, starter tie point, 3 wires?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Reverse controller help!!!! GOT IT

yes third black wire on starter tie point was it, it was hiding under frame, could not see it!

Sorry for the troubles for my lack of documentation

Thank you all for the help and hints, I am usually not this absent minded.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
Re: Reverse controller help!!!! GOT IT

yes third black wire on starter tie point was it, it was hiding under frame, could not see it!

Sorry for the troubles for my lack of documentation

Thank you all for the help and hints, I am usually not this absent minded.
Digital pictures are your friend. I probably took 200 or more during my clutch job and still had places I missed!

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 12 of 12 Posts