BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the reverse can be adjusted on the LT? After replacing the tranny and clutch this weekend along with the reverse module, the new one is way too strong, you touch the starter button for more than a second while in reverse and you better be holding on for dear life.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Told you not to replace your old Reverse Speed Sensor :histerica

All jokes aside, you should change it back to the original one and see what happens. At least you could eliminate one suspect. Heck, it might even fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
sheldan2 said:
Anyone know if the reverse can be adjusted on the LT? After replacing the tranny and clutch this weekend along with the reverse module, the new one is way too strong, you touch the starter button for more than a second while in reverse and you better be holding on for dear life.

I declare! I get a new tranny and clutch in it and now he's complaining about it backing up too fast. Just put your feet up and ride it backwards! :eek:

Hey....there's one smart-butt in every crowd, usually more than one around here! :D

Now, anybody got any ideas?????

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well....

How about ..use the front brake as a governor ??? :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
My reverse is way fast also, I suspect the resistor in the original starter relay slows it a bit.
I replaced original relay with Ford type.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
594 Posts
PROBLEM! The starter motor should work on reduced voltage when reversing. There is most likely some error in electrical connections and starter gets the full voltage. There is no such thing as too strong reverse if it is connected correctly and everything works as it should. I remember reading in this forum (from jzeiler?) how this situation can be created by mistake.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,909 Posts
My reverse is way fast also, I suspect the resistor in the original starter relay slows it a bit.
I replaced original relay with Ford type.

Any ideas?
That starter relay (Ford) is not wired up correctly as it should not operate in reverse. The reverser controller is what should drive the starter motor for the reverse operation. Undo the trigger to the ford relay temporarily and try reverse again. You may find it works a little slower or not at all. Then we can go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts