BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I do need a photo of the plugs and where it plug in to the loom I need to fit other plugs and the wires are not colour coded across pls help

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
OK. There are three large Black/with Yellow stripe wires. The one with the Red sleeve goes to battery (+), the one with the Black sleeve goes to the starter tie point behind the battery and the one with the Brown sleeve goes to the ground tie point behind the battery. The two barrel connectors are under the pillion seat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks I got this also but I do need the know witch colour to witch one of the 10 wire plug seeing its not matching colours pls

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
There is only one "male" to connect to the "female" 10 pin the other two "males" go to the top case and are easy to ID. Wire colors often do not match across connectors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi i dont have the origenal plugs thats way I asked for photos to start of I do know where thay must go and all of that I am a trained motorcycle tec and have the manuels jsut not a bike to see wich wire does mutch up with witch one

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
OK That is a different story. I will pull my rear seat and look at the wire colors for both ends of the 7 pin and 10 pin connectors. My diagrams do not show both sides wire color.

All reverse side wires have silver dots
7 Wire Connector
PinReverse SidePinBike Side
1Black/Green stripe1Brown
2Blue/Black stripe2Yellow
3Black3Black/2 Green stripes
4Brown/White stripe4Brown/White stripe
5NC5NC
6Purple/Yellow stripe6Yellow/2 Purple stripes
7Purple/Green stripe7Brown/Blue stripe
8NC8NC
9Blue/Orange stripe9Brown/Orange stripe
10NC10NC
10 Wire Connector
PinReverse SidePinBike Side
1Brown1Brown (large)
2Brown/Red stripe2Brown/Red stripe
3Light Green/White stripe3Brown (small)
4Dark Blue4Purple
5Gray5Brown/2 Yellow stripes
6Brown/Black stripe6Brown/Black stripe
7Green/Red stripe7Green/Purple stripe
8Light Blue8Brown/Gray stripe
9Black/2 Yellow stripes9Black/2 Yellow stripes
10Green10Brown/Green stripe , Yellow dot

Reactions: kbob12

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi thank you so very very much I maby gone need to asak a nother faver later on it means the world to me .

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
I am always here to help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good day I need your assistance again See the attached photos where my struggle is.

I am doing this 1200lt and dont have a clue where this wires must go seeing tat the dogs also did bite them of pls help so that I can relocate them and also need the locatcion for the gear postion indicaror and site stand switch I beg you for help .Regards Nico

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
I have the factory DVD and it does not print well and is hard to decipher. It is best used on the computer and then it is hard to follow. The Clymer Manual has a fairly good one for the early bikes but I have found errors there as well. If you can give me the colors for the grouping of 4 wires and the five wires I will try to track them down. I suspect the five wires are for the gear position.

·
Registered
289 Posts
John, just curious, since the OP is in South Africa, I assume he has a European configured LT. Is it safe to assume that all the wiring diagrams and wire colors are the same as North American LT's?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
I always check that and for the most part they are. I have yet to find a difference on the LT, maybe other models are different though. Just have not checked them.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I always check that and for the most part they are. I have yet to find a difference on the LT, maybe other models are different though. Just have not checked them.
John,
Just to add one more confirmation to your post: here in Canada we have K1200LT and K1200RS that are basically the same as "Euro-specs" - in fact my VIN says Euro-specs although I have minor diffences like a smaller licence plate holder / bracket compare to Europe. In addition, we have no Charcoal canister and no vent valve near throttle bodies like the models sold in Europe during this era.

I also have the BMW electrical diagram on CD - like you I have never found any wiring color differences with USA friends on Forums. Of course, some BMW USA based models may have a different Cat-code (engine ECU relay to trigger another fuel-map) or a missing vent valve for charcoal-canister, but the wiring is 99.9% the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
morning I still need to know where the gear position sensor plug go in and witch wire fit a cross seeing all the plugs was eaten by a dog

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is there a way that you can send me the content by email or drop box i need this clients bike running this Friday Big pls

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
It is not that simple or I would. The gear indicator has 5 wires, a Brown (ground), one Green wire that goes to the reverser controller (pin 7 on a Brown/Blue on the 7 wire connector) this is only a ground when the bike is in neutral. The three; Yellow/Blue, Yellow/White, and Yellow/Black go to the dash for the indicator. The other end of the connector is here (item 1).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hisir cant you coppy that cd and send it in a drop box for me pls I need it so badly I cant explain it to you .

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hisir cant you coppy that cd and send it in a drop box for me pls I need it so badly I cant explain it to you .
Here's a guy selling one on American eBay for $8 USD plus $30 USD shipping to South Africa.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,346 Posts
That one has no wiring diagrams. Need the SLP2 DVD.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts