BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you attended LT Spring Training Camp last April or Return to Ironhorse a few weeks ago, you know that Ironhorse owner John Powell has been eyeing the LT for some time, well Mark Neblett gave John the LT story with the chance to take Mark's for a ride... enough said.. got this email from John's wife Charlene today...says it all...

Email start:
John & I are proud to announce we are the owners of a K1200LT(good thing John has a lap top)
John just picked it up in Wilmington NC. It is black and silver and we got the trailer to pull behind.
Guess we are ready to hit the road. I'm getting heated clothing for my birthday.
Email End:

Charlene's remark about the lap top, well at Spring Training Camp in April, late one afternoon, many of us where in the lodge and had our lap tops out checking email and such, a non-LT visitor dropped in, inquired about the group there and noted all the Lap tops, so he said he finally understood what the LT stood for....

Welcome aboard John and Charlene, they will not have far to travel to CCR or Spring Training Camp.;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Interesting to note that after seeing all of the different bikes that pass through their outstanding place, they choose an LT.
Congrats to John and Charlene.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Wow! That was all of, what, a week?? :) So much for "thinkin' 'bout it this winter" ;)

Of course, his grin *was* pretty wide when he got back (mumbled something about it being real stable over the ton-- which I'm sure was all hypothetical, as there's no real place to do that around there, right? ;)).

So when are they registering as new members here? :)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mneblett said:
Wow! That was all of, what, a week?? :) So much for "thinkin' 'bout it this winter" ;)

Of course, his grin *was* pretty wide when he got back (mumbled something about it being real stable over the ton-- which I'm sure was all hypothetical, as there's no real place to do that around there, right? ;)).

So when are they registering as new members here? :)
I emailed them the link for our site tonight...they are really looking at CCR as well...John wanted to keep my CE DVD to show some friends, he also got a ride to Texas Hill Country planned for early spring with some of his friends, BTW two of them now have LTs, one is registered on the site already.

During LT Spring Training Camp with the tech sessions going on in his garages, vendors doing installs and we had the place maxed out, plus we still hold the record for the most "chocolate brownie sundaes with whipped cream" by any one group, he really started to look hard at the LT then, but the ride was the kicker...

Let's see... Vinyllhorse Motorcycle Lodge? Luxury Touring Motorcycle Lodge?
Farkle Lodge? K Lodge? Beemers and others Lodge? :D Could a name change be next? :)

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I can be witness to what Mark said, John came back from his demo ride and boy was he smiling!

.....shootout at the LT corral? Hum!

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Woohoo!!!! This just too cool. :D I remember John talking to Mark on Friday night and listening to remarks from John on Saturday morning at breakfast about looking at one.

Looking forward to seeing them at Spring Training Camp, aka Shootout at the LT Corral. ;)

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
LT = 'Offical bike of the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge'

John bought an LT . . . that's TOO COOL! Can't wait to see them again next April! :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The best part is he bought one in the right color, black, which as Dave Dragon will confirm is the fastest color. Hope to see you all in the spring.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I just got back from the IronHorse....OH.....Don't tell anyone, Today is Miss Charlene's Birdie Day..I got to sing her my best Birdie day song around 7:30 AM today.

I tried to tell John 2 weeks ago not to ride Mark's LT. Because I knew what was going to happen. Grinning from ear to ear when he came back.

I took the Rocket up there this weekend...had a ball but it will take this ol man a week to recoupe from the ride home....sure missed the LT.

Thanks Don for turning us on to the Ironhorse, I will see you there in Apr if God is willing

Joey Fletcher
Durham NC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts