BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I may have this wrong, but on the old software, if you have read a thread, say 5 postings on it, and the next day return to it and there are 3 more added, you were re-entered to the thread at posting 6 i.e. the first of the postings you haven't read. Is there some setting on the new software that needs to be set? This is an extremely useful piece of functionality, dare I say essential for practical daily use of the board.

Also, the old software gave a count of the # new posts to the thread which I found useful, whereas the new software I beleive (assume) goes bold. Is there an option to show the count of new posts to a thread?

Great job guys, upgrades can be a real pain.

·
Bouncer
9,315 Posts
Ralph,

When the Thread Title is bolded, it means there is new activity. In the Thread view for a forum, you will see a
button. Clicking on that button will take you directly to the first new post in that thread. So if there are 15 replyies, and you have read the first 10, clicking the button will take you to post 11 in the thread.

In addition, if you just want to jump to the last post in the thread, you can click on the
button just to the right of the Last Post notation in the Forum Thread list.

There is no counter that tells you how many new posts have been added to a thread that I can find (yet).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts