BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a newer comsystem with navigation system will plug into a 2003 LT? Sure that it will fit, but what about plug ins?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You could GUT your OEM comm system and install the Behre system, add the aproprate cables to your GPS, 2 way radio, Radar, Cell phone ect ....

BTW, it is a plug & play conversion :dance:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I did this research about a year ago and the answer I got was no. From what I remember, the audio wiring had a change in maybe 2005 and the systems were no longer plug and play (although I couldn't call any of them truly PNP).

I understand how the 2003 interfaces, but I haven't seen real info on what the differences may be between the systems. If you have install instructions for the new system, I would love to see them to determine if it is an easy wiring translation.

Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
252 Posts
LonzoF said:
Does anyone know if a newer comsystem with navigation system will plug into a 2003 LT? Sure that it will fit, but what about plug ins?
I have a 2003 LT with the VoiceII installed. I am not sure if Scottsdale BMW had to use any special wiring adapters, but they it is installed along with the BMW CB two years ago.
Lowell

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. It sounds as if it would be a big project if it would work at all. Now I'm wondering what the difference between the BC1 and BC2 are. My bike currently has nothing and I've been looking to put a BMW comsystem in it. Just can't decide what to do. I've seen some comsystems on EBay and thought about getting one.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
I would avoid the BC-1 & BC-2! They were the first two Comm Systems on the LT and both could be problematic. Now the BC-3, which was the J&M Comm System would be the one to look for if you are talking about something earlier than the Voice Comm systems. I lucked out early on with my '00 LT and had the BC-1 (or -2?) replaced under the factory warranty with the BC-3.

It has operated flawlessly since installation!

John
LonzoF said:
Thanks for the responses. It sounds as if it would be a big project if it would work at all. Now I'm wondering what the difference between the BC1 and BC2 are. My bike currently has nothing and I've been looking to put a BMW comsystem in it. Just can't decide what to do. I've seen some comsystems on EBay and thought about getting one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I agree the BC-3 is the best of the early systems and I believe was standard install for the 2003 models. I think originally tried fitting one in my 2003, but the radio connection was larger plug and the tupperware would not fasten down. (that BC-3 was from a 2000 model so I think the radio plug changed in those years. If you are going to experiment, be sure you are able to return it if it does not work.

Lowell

1 - 7 of 7 Posts