BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you remember we had a K1200LT based event in mid April since 2005 at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge. The very first gathering sported over 60 LT's from as far away as NY and TX. Over the years the LT numbers started to drop as people migrated to new rides when the LT ended production and the K1600's were released.

Later we merged our LT group with the newly formed K1600 group and ran it for a few more years in April. The collective membership decided to move the event to early May while our old slot in April was picked up by the Motorcycles of Charlotte (MOC) group.

A few of us have attended both events for the last few years and now the MOC has backed out of the event altogether. We would like to re-establish the K1200LT STC event in April again and have it slated for April 16-18 this year. We are trying to find K1200LT owners to attend as many bikes are still out there but with new owners. It would be fun to have 60 again, but we welcome any BMW ( actually any bike) riders that would like to joint us. Good food, Great riding and Wonderful Fellowship, don't miss out!

We still have the Smokey Mountain Fall Reunion (SFMR) event in mid-October.

Hope to see you there!

It is held at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge located in Stecoah, NC ( https://ironhorsenc.com/) with private and semi private cabins, bunkhouse and camping as well as RV sites (Telephone 828-479-3864). Check out their web site and drop them a line or e-mail to make your reservations. Pam tells me that the rooms are filling up fast so don't delay in making your reservations.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
As some of you remember we had a K1200LT based event in mid April since 2005 at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge. The very first gathering sported over 60 LT's from as far away as NY and TX. Over the years the LT numbers started to drop as people migrated to new rides when the LT ended production and the K1600's were released.

Later we merged our LT group with the newly formed K1600 group and ran it for a few more years in April. The collective membership decided to move the event to early May while our old slot in April was picked up by the Motorcycles of Charlotte (MOC) group.

A few of us have attended both events for the last few years and now the MOC has backed out of the event altogether. We would like to re-establish the K1200LT STC event in April again and have it slated for April 16-18 this year. We are trying to find K1200LT owners to attend as many bikes are still out there but with new owners. It would be fun to have 60 again, but we welcome any BMW ( actually any bike) riders that would like to joint us. Good food, Great riding and Wonderful Fellowship, don't miss out!

We still have the Smokey Mountain Fall Reunion (SFMR) event in mid-October.

Hope to see you there!

It is held at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge located in Stecoah, NC ( https://ironhorsenc.com/) with private and semi private cabins, bunkhouse and camping as well as RV sites (Telephone 828-479-3864). Check out their web site and drop them a line or e-mail to make your reservations. Pam tells me that the rooms are filling up fast so don't delay in making your reservations.

Well John, I don't see any responses to your STC Reunion proposal but I took you at your word and made reservations for Janet and myself for the April dates. It's been awhile since we have been able to attend any of the Iron Horse events and so we're looking forward to reconnecting with everyone. Haven't decided yet whether I'll load the RT on the trailer and drag it up there or just take the convertible but either way looking forward seeing every and spending a few days in the mountains!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lynn,

We already have many of the old timers with reservations for this. Dave Selvig is trying to get as many new LT owners involved (he has over 50 LT's he has worked on) and asked me to post something here. Glad you saw it and booked. Since the MOC backed out last year I decided to reclaim the weekend and they are not returning. It would be nice to have a large LT turn out for this. I may get a roster going later.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: Lee510 and mwnahas

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never been but trying hard to make it the first ride of the spring. Working on dragging a few other LT riders
Hope the weather allows you to make it. We are still waiting for winter here in AL.

Reactions: davebullock

·
Registered
597 Posts
Both bikes are covered, completely serviced and ready to ride, but my concern is getting out of here in April to a bit warmer weather. I've invited a friend from NH (he rides a Wing but would love this gathering), and few guys from here. Kirk expressed he thought about heading that way as well, so we'll see. Thanks for your work getting this together.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
We've had reservations for a while now; looking forward to seeing everyone at the Iron Horse again. The only question is - LT or GTL? Either way we will be trailering it, as has been our practice the past few years. My passenger has retired from riding.

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Interested here as well...
I did not make reservations for May as we may be going to the Guadeloupe to visit family...

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
If you wait until the date is close enough for a weather report to decide if you are going to attend the only thing available will be a campsite. Most rooms will be booked full sometime in February. Most rooms have two beds available. Sometimes the bunkhouses are still available in April.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I'm not sure yet if I can make it but I would really like to see you all!

Sent from my SM-T867V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Reservations made :thumb:

I know, I know... I'll have to go park with the R bikes...:grin:

·
Enjoy The Ride
K1300GT K1200LT
4,022 Posts
For the new riders coming the Iron Horse is in a dry county if you want a alcohol beverage you will have to bring it with you. It can be purchased in Bryson City to the north or in Andrews to the south.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
You know I'm in! I am looking forward to seeing friends who are family!

Thank you John Zeiler for bringing STC home! As long as there are a few of us who still want to gather in April and October, I'll be there. Can't wait!!

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,178 Posts
Lunch at the Pisgah Inn on Thusrday?:wave

1 - 20 of 61 Posts