BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a special tecnique for resetting the TPS on an 04 LT. I have tried numerous times To reset it. I understand you need to turn the ignition key to on then rotate the throttle 3 times. Do you rotate it fast or slow? Then do you turn the ignition off or just start the engine? I have tried both to no avail, help
Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
Hey, Ron - what is happening as a result of your TPS procedure?? Or what is NOT happening might be the better question.

Sounds like you're doing it right. Key on - no start. Twist the throttle to wide open and release it. Do that 3 times. Then key off. Then gear up and start the bike using your normal routine and take a short leetle ride. The 'brain' should then have the info to reset your throttle position sensor and you should be good to go.

I might mention that prior to doing this procedure, you should either disconnect the battery for a bit, OR pull the fuse that is designated for the Motronic unit. I'm not sure which one that is on an '04, butt on ole '99 Toad, it's the bottom fuse in the rightmost side fuse box. When hooked back up, the Motronic will now be looking for the new info on the TPS setting

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dick , I'll try it again. The reason all this started was because I disconnected the battery to get the radio going. So each time I tried resetting I have disconnected the battery. Thanks for your help, I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a step
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts