BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After replacing my battery I accidently set off the alarm and the immobilizer. It was easy to turn off the alarm but I cannot seem to get the immobilizer reset. I have tried all the things recommended: turn on key and push left button, but the LED just stays on after I reset. The bike will not start. I can set the alarm and all the lights blink appropriately but when I shut off the alarm the red LED stays on (indication the interlock is set)
I even tried unhooking the batery and the red LED stayed on.
HELP!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,911 Posts
Tom,

Try working through this programming procedure and see if that doesn 't help.

Alarm

If it doesn't your alarm may be toast and you will have to bypass it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks the word doc about programing the remote looks very promising. I will give it a try.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the alarm re-porgraming worked well but the bike still will not start. I have eliminated all the usual suspects but someone suggested unhooking the battery for at least 30 minutes to see if the computer will reset.
Anyone try that one before?

·
Registered
49 Posts
What year bike? Also check all the normal stuff, kill switch, rev, batt connections. When I replaced my battery the first time it would not start, removed the battery again and noticed I missed one small ground wire (must of slipped while trying to stuff batt in) reinstall and working fine.......good luck....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to everyone. It turned out to be a bad battery. It read good on a voltmeter but did not have the amperage. I tried a jump from the car and she fired right up.
I did learn a good deal about the factory alarm so it was not all bad news.
Well I'm off to the dealer to drop a couple of bills on a new battery.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Most get Odysee PC680 battery instead of BMW Gel

Hoop said:
Thanks to everyone. It turned out to be a bad battery. It read good on a voltmeter but did not have the amperage. I tried a jump from the car and she fired right up.
I did learn a good deal about the factory alarm so it was not all bad news.
Well I'm off to the dealer to drop a couple of bills on a new battery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, severasl of my friends have suggested the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts