BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have to sell my bike as a hip and a knee (among other things) are making life difficult. I was wondering what people thought a 2014 RT would be worth. It has 29000 km's, bought new end of October 2014. It has large top casewith light, and Trim Topcase Cover Chrome moulding and L-chrome strip set and brake light; BMW Nav 5, remote locking for seat, topcase and side case; Comfort Windshield (with original windshield still in wrapping); LED driving light, Michelin PR 4 tires. Total cost of bike in 2014 with all accessories $28,625.00 (before tax). I can't remember the name of the paint color, it is the black with sparkly maroon tint. In addition it has BMW auxiliary lighting, Z technic engine guards with Ilium Works Highway Pegs. I have always maintained this bike at the dealer, except last fall, I changed the oil and filter myself. I am in Canada, so pricing is different in the US as we have to pay more to get one

I really hate to sell this, but I am not getting much use from it and it is getting more difficult with each passing month. Thanks to anyone who can give me a rough idea of value.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As an RT noob, I may not have much of a clue here, but I would expect you might be able to get about half what you paid for it. Keep in mind you are trying to sell a nearly 6 year old bike, and being in Canada, you are at the end of the riding season. Best bet would be to check your local listings on Craig's list (is that in Canada?) or other classifieds and list accordingly. Sounds like a nice bike, but my experience with sayings like "they hold their value really well" are only lies dealers get away with. Good luck with sale, though, if you're sure you are ready to let it go.

·
Premium Member
5,125 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
i know someone who sold his 2014 RT with under 20k miles sold his bike for $9400 to a private party. he sold it about a month ago, and he had it on craigslist for a loooong time. his bike was in perfect shape, with powdercoated swing arm and wheels and other part.... it was sad...

i think he couldve gotten more, but who knows.... ( i recently sold my 2014 stock R NineT for $9500, 8k miles. but i think got very lucky)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts