BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I ordered the Neo IPod interface after reading about it on this forum. I don't have the CD-changer, so I also ordered the cable that goes to the changer (and which the Neo plugs into) from a BMW dealership. It was only £25. However, the cable terminates in a 6-pin oval-ish connector (see attached, if I can make that work) which doesn't match the socket in the back of the radio. Presumably, there's another short length of cable that goes between this cable and the radio. However, the dealership (whilst very helpful) have told me that they no longer have the CD with the exploded diagrams and part numbers on anymore! Apparently they hardly ever see an LT. :confused:

Anyway, I think some of you guys out there do have the CD, and I was wondering whether you would be able to do me a favour and dig out the part number for me? The BMW chap is going to call someone on Tues or something, but if I could just call him back with the part number that would be much easier.

Many thanks in advance

Nick

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,924 Posts
You don't want to know as it is the entire harness at the radio that must be swapped out and it is about 299 US$. But don't fret I have posted the wiring diagram and will dig it out for you. You may have to improvise for the oval connector or find some small pins to press on those pin and make or buy a small 10 pin connector to plug into the back of the radio. I'll post again when I round it all up.

OK Update : I found a post where a guy on your side of the pond bought the PN 61127680417 for 35 pounds UK so give it a try.

Here is his post CD Cable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts