BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in trouble ...
Because the battery polarities are reversed .. resulting in no power ... but ... very strange ... the anti-theft system is normal !!!
Can't solve this trouble ... help me ...
Request a complete electronic circuit diagram.

.Thank you

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm in trouble ...
Because the battery polarities are reversed .. resulting in no power ... but ... very strange ... the anti-theft system is normal !!!
Can't solve this trouble ... help me ...
Request a complete electronic circuit diagram.

.Thank you
Welcome to the forum. You do seem to be desperate, you have posted this three times :grin:
In order to help we are going to need to know what year your bike is. The wiring diagrams differ between the earlier and the later models.
The best thing you could do is to get yourself a copy of the Clymers manual for the LT. It has easy to read diagrams for all the years. I've just been going through them today as a matter of fact.
Helped me out enormously.
I got mine through ebay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to repeat ... my car is from 2003 and the workbook I have now is "K 1200 LT
Repair Manual ", this manual does not have an electronic circuit diagram, so I very much need an electronic circuit diagram to check for faults, I hope a good friend on the forum can help me, thank you

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
Look HERE for the closest you will get without the Clymer manual. Post #4 The only thing different is the ABS wiring.

Did you mean you hooked up the battery backwards and now it will not start?

BTW I deleted the duplicate posts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look HERE for the closest you will get without the Clymer manual. Post #4 The only thing different is the ABS wiring.

Did you mean you hooked up the battery backwards and now it will not start?

BTW I deleted the duplicate posts.

Thank you very much for your help
I have printed the circuit diagram you provided .... It's easier to read.
***** Yes ... I did a stupid thing ... wrong battery + ...
So ... will the ECU malfunction?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
You are not the first one to do this and the other guy got his going. Possible but the only real way to know is to hook up a GS-911 tool to see if the ECU is fried. They show up on e-bay all the time fairly cheap if your is shot. I have one here but it has a Rhinewest Performance chip in it. I could send it to you to try if you want.

You said it was a 2003. There should be ONE large Brown wire on the battery (-) and up to three or more large black wires with red sleeves on the battery (+). Maybe you missed one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts