BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I used the template found in the Specialty Tools here. Not sure if Robert came up with that or if it was someone else, but Robert was helping me along online and I wanted to say thanks to all the parties involved with coming up with the design.

Took a ton of pictures along the way. Kurt with the IL BMW group has a great video on pulling out the shocks so I didn't go into that, but if you want to see the springs being changed on stock shocks, you can have a look HERE. I have notes along with the pictures. Hope it helps out someone else.

The removal of the shocks was really easy for me because I have the bike pretty torn apart with other projects.

Once I get the bike back together, I would like to see if I can get the compressor parts to fit in a medium flat rate shipping box and then make it available to others that need it. That would put the shipping cost about $15 each way. Think I just need to pick up another threaded rod coupler and a couple more 1/2" nuts to act as jam nuts and then I can cut the threaded rod so it will fit in the box.

Reactions: hallzee and dvgb131

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,914 Posts
Great job on the pictures Rich!

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great job on the pictures Rich!
Thanks John. Just trying to give back since you guys are giving me so much help. Next up will be my take on the crankcase vent manifold based on Dean's design. ;)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Excellent write up, and pics! It's like you've explained so I could understand, just like my Momma used to do! :D

I did the Hyperpro springs on my LT, and LOVED them, but I didn't have the handy spring compression tool, nor the pics to make it look so easy. Way to pay it forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts