BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm Steve from Echuca Australia. I've had lots of different motorbikes over the years but I my K1100lt would have to be my favourite. I joined this group because I'm after some information about replacing my rear shock. I wondered if there was an upgrade I could do. Mine is a bit old and spongy.

Attachments

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,774 Posts
Re: Rear shock replacement

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking bike. There are not a lot of K1100 riders here but one "Crazy Frog" has a lot of history with the older K bikes so maybe he can help you out.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good to see that there might be more information being provided for those of us with K1100's. I've
only had my K1100LT for last year's riding season. The bike was really well taken care of, but I did need to replace the
rubber brake lines with SS. So, nice start to getting under the 'skin'.
I have replaced the shock springs on the K1200LT and have had great results extending the life of the shocks. Your
milage my vary. :)
Nice to have another K11 rider in the mix.

Have fun,
Jer

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there, I'm Steve from Echuca Australia. I've had lots of different motorbikes over the years but I my K1100lt would have to be my favourite. I joined this group because I'm after some information about replacing my rear shock. I wondered if there was an upgrade I could do. Mine is a bit old and spongy.
Hi Jerry,
I replaced the rear shock on my '97 K1100LT with a Wilbers. Best $$ I've ever spent on my trusty steed. It rides like a BMW should with the new
shock. Here's a link to their website: https://www.wilbers-shop.de/en/Motorcycle/BMW/K-1100-LT-BMW100/?cur=3&year=1997
I ordered the "type 630 road" spring preload and rebound damping adjustable (no external adjustments or reso

I looked at Ted Porter's site, but it doesn't appear that he offers the 630 anymore.

Happy hunting,
Stan

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Hi Stan,

The K11LT has just turned 20,000-miles, so shocks are still very functional. When the time comes though...thanks for the info,
there's sure to be a shock type available then.

Have fun,
Jer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts