BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my "beast" the membrane on the on/off button was mostly torn, but the insides were still there and functional, as long as the bike didn't get too wet. If it did, the radio went seriously on the fritz with most functions not working properly. Now the membrane has flown off completely leaving the LED underneath exposed. There's a collar around the LED and I can push that with a key to make the switch still work, but now it's even more exposed to moisture. Is it possible to replace just the switch and membrane, or is replacing the whole main control unit the only practical answer?

If the whole unit has to be replaced, are there any people on the site who have an extra one (due to perhaps replacing with something more modern) available for sale?

Thanks for your expertise.

Bartman

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
A "practical" solution could be just to fill the hole with silicone to waterproof it, after you've made sure it is switched to the "on" position. I never turn mine off... so almost never use the buttons... but that's just me. And it'd be cheaper than replacing the unit. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris,
That's a good suggestion, thanks. It's what I call a UBE (prounounced "youbee" when I'm playing golf. Ugly But Effective.
Bart

1 - 4 of 4 Posts