BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a low beam bulb and one of the bulbs in the lower lens of a 2005 LT burned out. I see there is no problem to replace the bulb in the lower lens. The one on the left side of the lower lens is burned out. Like I say it is easy to change. The low beam bulb in the upper lens looks to be a little harder to access. I have a Clymer service manual and it says you can remove it from under the faring. Before trying I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any problem doing it without removing the fairing. Another thing are these bulbs available anywhere other than from a BMW dealer? My dealer is not open on Mondays and I would like to replace them before Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The low beam bulb is a standard H7 available anywhere, just don't touch the glass with your hands, they burn so hot that the oil on your skin will shorten their life.
In regards to changing it without removing anything,
yes it can be done if you're an acrobat and can stand on your head while doing it.
The first time can be difficult, it gets easier after you've done it once or twice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing Low Beam Bulb

SilverBuffalo said:
The low beam bulb is a standard H7 available anywhere, just don't touch the glass with your hands, they burn so hot that the oil on your skin will shorten their life.
In regards to changing it without removing anything,
yes it can be done if you're an acrobat and can stand on your head while doing it.
The first time can be difficult, it gets easier after you've done it once or twice.
Hans

Thanks for the information. I went to Walmart got an H7 bulb, which was the same. I had no problem changing it. I had my bike on a lift so I could see pretty well what to do. Thanks again.

Reactions: txvoyager

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
[QUOTE="Lights Out" Jerrym]Before trying I thought I would check to see if anyone has had any problem doing it without removing the fairing. [/QUOTE]

I installed an HID w/o removing the fairing. Do yourself a favor and buy an HID.

"Try it, you'll LIKE it!" ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts